Post by QuackininBama »

Proving that football cannot be boiled down to just numbers and statistics:

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: QBR humor

Post by UOducksTK1 »

To me, you take all stats into consideration though. Total QBR is not the best metric to prove who is the best, or at least is only one of a solid handful of metrics to be used.

If you look at Mariota's overall rating, it's 192.2, which leads the nation. If you look at Blake Sims', it's 172.7 (not that hot).

Also 2,283 yards 24 tds and 1 int >> 2,034 15 tds and 3 ints.

And you're right, beyond all the statistics, you have to look at supporting cast, teams played, and heck you really have to watch the player to see if observations match with what statistics say.

With all that being said though, our defense is lacking in many of the criteria by which we judge a team by. I'm actually not as concerned about our defense as I was before. DP has shown the last 3 weeks that he can make adjustments and actually pressure the QB now. Malone/Hardrick can be very difficult to watch, but we are stuck with that for now.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Sacks seem to play a larger than necessary part in the total QBR.

How is bad O-line play the QBs fault?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

fpsduck wrote:Sacks seem to play a larger than necessary part in the total QBR.

I don't know what goes into that final number - it looks like Marcus is kicking everyone's butt in pretty much every category except sacks. I bet the final rating has some kind of 'Plays in the SEC' bonus points or something, just like every other ranking in college football.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Phalanx wrote:
fpsduck wrote:Sacks seem to play a larger than necessary part in the total QBR.

I don't know what goes into that final number - it looks like Marcus is kicking everyone's butt in pretty much every category except sacks. I bet the final rating has some kind of 'Plays in the SEC' bonus points or something, just like every other ranking in college football.
How is Petty not even near the top 10? I know he had an off day, but his numbers this year have been ridiculous.