First CFP rankings out Tuesday

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckschi1
High School Drop Out

First CFP rankings out Tuesday

Post by duckschi1 »

Where do we deserve to end up? Does it really matter?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: First CFP rankings out Tuesday

Post by UOducksTK1 »

If we win out, I think we have a 99% chance of making it. It'd have to take some serious politics, and a perfect storm scenario to keep Oregon out.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I'm gonna say 4, BUT, it means nothing without running the table and winning the Pac-12 championship. So even if we end up 8th or something, not worried right now.
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

Let's beat Stanford and then Utah, and then not screw up against Col or OSU. That said, does anyone know if there is a priority to Rose Bowl versus the other bowl location, I forgot Orange?, or where ever the other bowl this year, as to 1st and 4th, and 2nd and third place as to where we would play. My bias of course would be Rose first. But specifically is the location arbitrary or regional in choice or is it simply the 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 and 1-4 Bowl is Rose etc.?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I really want Oregon to make the playoff.

That said, I think a playoff berth would be crap without winning the Pac-12 title. That's something we can actually control; it's not left up to some committee to arbitrarily put us there.

Plus, it has been too long, and Marcus needs the Pac-12 title to truly be our best QB ever.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

soduck wrote:Let's beat Stanford and then Utah, and then not screw up against Col or OSU. That said, does anyone know if there is a priority to Rose Bowl versus the other bowl location, I forgot Orange?, or where ever the other bowl this year, as to 1st and 4th, and 2nd and third place as to where we would play. My bias of course would be Rose first. But specifically is the location arbitrary or regional in choice or is it simply the 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 and 1-4 Bowl is Rose etc.?
I believe the Sugar Bowl is between the 1st and 4th ranked teams while the Rose Bowl is for the 2nd and 3rd ranked teams. Hopefully if Oregon makes the playoffs they're in the #2 or #3 spot. I'm sure we'd all rather have Oregon play in Pasadena than New Orleans.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
soduck wrote:Let's beat Stanford and then Utah, and then not screw up against Col or OSU. That said, does anyone know if there is a priority to Rose Bowl versus the other bowl location, I forgot Orange?, or where ever the other bowl this year, as to 1st and 4th, and 2nd and third place as to where we would play. My bias of course would be Rose first. But specifically is the location arbitrary or regional in choice or is it simply the 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 and 1-4 Bowl is Rose etc.?
I believe the Sugar Bowl is between the 1st and 4th ranked teams while the Rose Bowl is for the 2nd and 3rd ranked teams. Hopefully if Oregon makes the playoffs they're in the #2 or #3 spot. I'm sure we'd all rather have Oregon play in Pasadena than New Orleans.
I'm not sure if ALL of us would prefer them to play in Pasadena...New Orleans is only 5 hours away!
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

alabamaduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
I'm not sure if ALL of us would prefer them to play in Pasadena...New Orleans is only 5 hours away!
Haha I hear ya! I could get to New Orleans in about 3.5 hours. Now getting a ticket....lololol, probably impossible on my budget but its a dream.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I suppose you're right, a majority of us would prefer that Oregon plays in Pasadena.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I already started a thread about this in the other guys :evil: