I am pulling so hard for Bama to win this weekend

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

I am pulling so hard for Bama to win this weekend

Post by DAT_man_again »

So that the Mariota/Prescott debate will be over. It will be an absolute travesty if Marcus doesn't win the Heisman. He completely destroys Prescott's numbers and his team is only ranked two spots behind MSU AND Mariota has had three times the amount of critical injuries to his team. Even if Marcus has a loss in the PAC 12 championship game he should win the award (even though he wouldn't in that scenario), because he has literally carried the Ducks to a top 5 ranking after the Zona loss. If we don't have Mariota with all of the injuries this year I think we are probably a 4-6 team.

It is articles like these that tick me off:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/9 ... st-alabama

ESPN wants someone from the SEC to win it SO badly. Around this time every year have you ever seen LESS discussion about the Heisman on Sportscenter? It is because they know who SHOULD win it, and (gasp) he isn't in the SEC.

Rant=Done.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Re: I am pulling so hard for Bama to win this weekend

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think Marcus will win it as long as he puts up respectable numbers during the last 3 games. I think the distance between him and Prescott has widened.

In terms of the game I am torn on this one. A Miss State win would give Bama 2 losses. It might improve Prescotts numbers and his chances. A Bama win means both Miss State and Bama have one loss and then you will probably see 2 SEC schools in the playoffs if they both win out. I would frankly find it funny if they all have 2 losses and we see Florida State.... Oregon... TCU... and maybe Ohio State. I will be watching the game hopefully but have no real preference as to who wins it.
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

I agree I would rather see Marcus win the Heisman even if it means potentially two SEC team. In fact it would be even better, if we beat two SEC teams for the Natty.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

I would rather see Alabama as a bystander.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

I would rather see Alabama as a bystander.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Beating Bama should not be the bench mark that wins a Heisman... Body of work, and all that carp.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

An Alabama win would simply mean the best player must be Tide wide receiver Amari Cooper. :(
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Bama is going to win BIG.

Now need to worry.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

fpsduck wrote:Bama is going to win BIG.

Now need to worry.
I think so too. MSU hasn't played anyone decent all year except Auburn and LSU and Auburn gave that game away early. Really, they have 9 wins and look at 4 of them. The rest are good teams, but not great. I think Bama rolls.

Southern Miss W 49 - 0
UAB W 47 - 34
@ South Alabama W 35 - 3

@ (8) LSU W 34 - 29
(6) Texas A&M W 48 - 31
(2) Auburn W 38 - 23
@ Kentucky W 45 - 31
Arkansas W 17 - 10
Tenn-Martin W 45 - 16
John 3:36
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

For Mariota's Heisman run, it would definitely be better if Bama wins and Prescott loses. However, for Oregon's playoff chances, it'd help if Miss St wins. It would be bad if there were two 1 loss SEC teams, it'd be better if all but one SEC team had at least 2 losses.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

OregonFan4Life wrote:For Mariota's Heisman run, it would definitely be better if Bama wins and Prescott loses. However, for Oregon's playoff chances, it'd help if Miss St wins. It would be bad if there were two 1 loss SEC teams, it'd be better if all but one SEC team had at least 2 losses.

Honestly I don't think it matters. A one loss conference champ is not going to be left out in favor of an SEC team who did not win their conference, and if they are, it WONT be us. It will be TCU. We could beat Colorado, OSU, and ASU by a single point each game and we would still be in.

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

College Gameday tweeted out that article, and effing ESPN retweeted it. Mariota has not even been mentioned as the leading heisman candidate on Sportscenter the last few weeks. Nope, ESPN is desperately yearning for Prescott to win it. If you think their agenda doesn't matter, you are wrong.

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

DAT_man_again wrote:College Gameday tweeted out that article, and effing ESPN retweeted it. Mariota has not even been mentioned as the leading heisman candidate on Sportscenter the last few weeks. Nope, ESPN is desperately yearning for Prescott to win it. If you think their agenda doesn't matter, you are wrong.
I have definitely heard Mariota referred to as the Heisman frontrunner multiple times on ESPN. He's also way in the lead in their Heisman tracker. Chill.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Tray Dub wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:College Gameday tweeted out that article, and effing ESPN retweeted it. Mariota has not even been mentioned as the leading heisman candidate on Sportscenter the last few weeks. Nope, ESPN is desperately yearning for Prescott to win it. If you think their agenda doesn't matter, you are wrong.
I have definitely heard Mariota referred to as the Heisman frontrunner multiple times on ESPN. He's also way in the lead in their Heisman tracker. Chill.

I am not talking about the analysts or their poll of "experts". I am talking about the hype machine. What they actually dedicate time to on ESPN. With Manziel and Winston there were segments, panel discussions, in depth reports etc. ESPN had embraced them as the Heisman winner. With Mariota, yeah Danny Kanell and Trevor Matich might call him the frontrunner, but has ESPN actually devoted much time to talking about the heisman in general? You are hearing about it so much less.

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

DAT_man_again wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:

I am not talking about the analysts or their poll of "experts". I am talking about the hype machine. What they actually dedicate time to on ESPN. With Manziel and Winston there were segments, panel discussions, in depth reports etc. ESPN had embraced them as the Heisman winner. With Mariota, yeah Danny Kanell and Trevor Matich might call him the frontrunner, but has ESPN actually devoted much time to talking about the heisman in general? You are hearing about it so much less.
So you're not talking about the people who actually talk on ESPN, you're talking about... what? What does the hype machine, if it doesn't include the actual analysts? We're hearing tons about Mariota.