Braxton Miller

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duck541
Four Star Recruit

Braxton Miller

Post by duck541 »

Got an email a few hours ago that Braxton Miller had been informed tOSU plans to move forward with Barrett next year and as a result he had contacted the UO staff about transferring. I took it as not much more than a rumor considering it was only that they were talking, no decisions made. Well just got another one that said its all but a done deal. Not sure when it will be announced if completed but I'll post more when I know it.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Braxton Miller

Post by Phenom »

duck541 wrote:Got an email a few hours ago that Braxton Miller had been informed tOSU plans to move forward with Barrett next year and as a result he had contacted the UO staff about transferring. I took it as not much more than a rumor considering it was only that they were talking, no decisions made. Well just got another one that said its all but a done deal. Not sure when it will be announced if completed but I'll post more when I know it.
I say yes. Gives our young guys another year to develop. He is not the passer that Mariota is, but he's good enough. Like a faster Masoli.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

duck541 wrote:Got an email a few hours ago that Braxton Miller had been informed tOSU plans to move forward with Barrett next year and as a result he had contacted the UO staff about transferring. I took it as not much more than a rumor considering it was only that they were talking, no decisions made. Well just got another one that said its all but a done deal. Not sure when it will be announced if completed but I'll post more when I know it.
this is amazing if true
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Wouldn't he have to sit out a year?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:Wouldn't he have to sit out a year?
Unless he graduates this spring is my understanding. He can transfer and be eligible immediately under that scenario is how I understand it, same with Masoli, Russel Wilson, etc
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I believe he's graduating this year, so no. Just like the basketball transfers we've gotten in the past.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Not if he is graduated, ala Russell Wilson. I would take him in a second. Obviously he is no Mariota (no one is) but he's as physically talented as it gets, is a proven winner and when healthy, one of the most dynamic players in the nation. We'd be lucky to have him. We would just need him to alter his tOSU "O" tattoo to more resemble an Oregon "O".
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

It would be a Russell Wilson type situation, he'd be eligible to play immediately.
andreezy
Two Star Recruit

Post by andreezy »

No, he has his degree so he would be eligible right away. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) he just needs to enroll in a graduate program that tOSU doesn't offer.

Similar to what Russell Wilson did.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

Duck07 wrote:
Unless he graduates this spring is my understanding. He can transfer and be eligible immediately under that scenario is how I understand it, same with Masoli, Russel Wilson, etc
doesn't this scenario involve a stipulation where the school to be transferred too needs to have an eligible graduate program for the student athlete to enroll in?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

mdm0302 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
doesn't this scenario involve a stipulation where the school to be transferred too needs to have an eligible graduate program for the student athlete to enroll in?
Yeah, I'm sure that could easily be accommodated.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

mdm0302 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
It has to be a graduate program that his current school doesn't offer. I believe Masoli was a Rec Program Grad student at Ole Miss...I'm not kidding. It's an issue that is easy to work around.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I'm not doubting your information, in fact, I speculated about such a transfer in another thread a while back. But who sends out an email like this?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

The Bat signal is up for KoD
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

duck541 has been pretty spot on the last few weeks with his info so I wouldn't doubt it. JHop had a story today mentioning Braxton Miller and Troy Smith tweeted that he has been talking to Braxton and trying to get him to stay at tOSU. Mel Kiper also made mention that he thinks it would be wise of Miller to transfer to Oregon.

I posted on a national site(Rivals) posing this same question before seeing this info here and tOSU members said that Miller may not even be cleared to play by next season. Highly probably that they'd be a bit sore about losing a top guy who has been there four years but I haven't paid attention to his diagnosis and rehab prognosis.