Braxton Miller

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

gogreen55
Senior

Re: Braxton Miller

Post by gogreen55 »

mattc94 wrote:OSU QB got hurt. Wonder if Miller thinks that will effect his future. Did you see how long
Mariota stayed in the game today. Helfrich has NO confidence in Lockie's future. No wonder
the kid has no confidence!
You are as completely clueless as the announcer (Brad Nessler) was when discussing this. If you know anything about college football, you would know that the game is not over when there is 10+ minutes left and you are only up by 3 scores. That is what the situation was when Mariota began his final drive of the game.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

gogreen55 wrote:
mattc94 wrote:OSU QB got hurt. Wonder if Miller thinks that will effect his future. Did you see how long
Mariota stayed in the game today. Helfrich has NO confidence in Lockie's future. No wonder
the kid has no confidence!
You are as completely clueless as the announcer (Brad Nessler) was when discussing this. If you know anything about college football, you would know that the game is not over when there is 10+ minutes left and you are only up by 3 scores. That is what the situation was when Mariota began his final drive of the game.
So a few extra garbage time snaps would have meant Helf has more confidence in Lockie? Helf is acutely aware of the Heisman race and the fact that this was a nationally televised game, in primetime, so everyone would be able to see Marcus. The decision to keep Marcus in the game has nothing to do with Lockie and the perceived lack of confidence in him.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck24 wrote:have meant Helf has more confidence in Lockie? Helf is acutely aware of the Heisman race and the fact that this was a nationally televised game, in primetime, so everyone would be able to see Marcus. The decision to keep Marcus in the game has nothing to do with Lockie and the perceived lack of confidence in him.
The first two TD swing passes to Byron and Royce pretty much showed as much. The coaches wanted to pile up Marcus' TD #'s as much as they can. It's become normal for us to expect from him but he truly is having one of the greatest seasons at QB ever.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Ok here's what I've heard regarding Tyner. This comes from another players mom, and the reason I haven't shared it yet is because I haven't been able to verify it from another source. So just keep that in mind.

Tyner separate his shoulder in practice on a horse collar tackle by Justin Hollins in practice. He also sprained is ankle pretty badly too. While getting fitted for crutches his shoulder kept popping in and out of place. As a result he was put in a wheelchair for a few days. Tyner was really frustrated with this setback after feeling like he was finally 100% healthy and running well. All of this I would consider pretty close to fact. The rest is where it gets a little gossipy.

As the story goes, Tyner called his mom to take him home to Portland. She did so and he watched the Colorado game from home with his girlfriend. His mom even tried to talk him into going back to Eugene for the game but he declined. His mom went to the game and apparently told all of this to anther player's mom, which is how I found out.

As bad as this makes Tyner look I will say I haven't heard that he is in trouble with the coaches so it's very possible he was excused from the game due to his injury. If this is all true I still would have liked to see him there in person supporting his teammates but I don't think he bailed on the team without informing the coaches of his choice to stay home. If and when I know more I will update the story accordingly.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck541 wrote:Ok here's what I've heard regarding Tyner. This comes from another players mom, and the reason I haven't shared it yet is because I haven't been able to verify it from another source. So just keep that in mind.

Tyner separate his shoulder in practice on a horse collar tackle by Justin Hollins in practice. He also sprained is ankle pretty badly too. While getting fitted for crutches his shoulder kept popping in and out of place. As a result he was put in a wheelchair for a few days. Tyner was really frustrated with this setback after feeling like he was finally 100% healthy and running well. All of this I would consider pretty close to fact. The rest is where it gets a little gossipy.

As the story goes, Tyner called his mom to take him home to Portland. She did so and he watched the Colorado game from home with his girlfriend. His mom even tried to talk him into going back to Eugene for the game but he declined. His mom went to the game and apparently told all of this to anther player's mom, which is how I found out.

As bad as this makes Tyner look I will say I haven't heard that he is in trouble with the coaches so it's very possible he was excused from the game due to his injury. If this is all true I still would have liked to see him there in person supporting his teammates but I don't think he bailed on the team without informing the coaches of his choice to stay home. If and when I know more I will update the story accordingly.
I think the going home portion is part of that frustration and being put in a wheelchair had to have made him feel awfully bad. Hopefully he can refocus his mind, I know some great spots on the coast where Swami Duck07 could lead some meditation classes :lol:
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

duck541 wrote:Ok here's what I've heard regarding Tyner. This comes from another players mom, and the reason I haven't shared it yet is because I haven't been able to verify it from another source. So just keep that in mind.

The injury portion of this is the most concerning. Personally, I don't think it is that big of a deal that Tyner wasn't on the sidelines, unless it is a team rule and he was disobeying the coaches or something. I am more upset with Justin Hollins horse collaring one of his own teammates in practice (assuming the above info. is accurate).
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

gogreen55 wrote:

The injury portion of this is the most concerning. Personally, I don't think it is that big of a deal that Tyner wasn't on the sidelines, unless it is a team rule and he was disobeying the coaches or something. I am more upset with Justin Hollins horse collaring one of his own teammates in practice (assuming the above info. is accurate).
Horse collars, like grabbing the facemask, can be inadvertent. In the heat of the play it can be hard to stop yourself from acting on instinct and making the tackle by whatever means are available. In short, s*** happens, and we shouldn't blame Hollins without having seen the play.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

I am pretty sure I saw him on the sideline last night on TV at one point sitting next to MM. Moseley also mentioned that he was in sweats on the sideline with Lowe.

I think TT is a little bit of a drama queen who needs to grow up a bit. This is where GC can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MM in Cali
GoDuckYourself
Three Star Recruit

Post by GoDuckYourself »

I could understand not wanting to be seen on the sidelines in a wheel chair.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Thank you 541 for the update on Tyner, I love having a little insight on what's going on with the team I love to follow. In reply to a couple of other post, I also Tyner on the broadcast last night, sitting on the propane warmed bench in street clothes (sweats?). Also if he was in a wheel chair, which sounds very creditable with a dislocated shoulder and bad ankle, I have no problem not being on the sideline for the Colorado game.

As far as tyner's footbal future, sounds like he has chronic shoulder problems. I know he has battled a shoulder problem since high school and if he dislocated it supporting himself on a crutch I "guessing" it is not the first time he has dislocated it. Once a shoulder pops out it pops out much easier every time.

I'm sorry to hear the news, but not as bad as a imagination can make it out to be. I think he's done for the season ..... Maybe the final four ...... Maybe, maybe not?

I'll look around the board but any word on Lowe?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If it popped out with something as trivial as a crutch than surgery will be necessary. Honestly though, I am not sure if it might not be a chronic issue his entire career.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The ankle sprain should be fine by the playoff, maybe even good enough by the CCG... ankle sprains tend to heal in one to four weeks, depending on the severity... and if he wasn't on crutches on the sidelines last night, then that's a great sign of the ankle being ready by Friday.

However... the shoulder would be much more of a concern. I know very little about shoulder injuries.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Depending on the type of injury, a shoulder can be dealt with through something as simple as strength and conditioning exercises... Such was the case with my own dislocation, 20 years ago. The other shoulder required an arthroscopy to repair a torn labrum and remove a small bone spur. My shoulder was immobilized for a couple weeks, and required several weeks of physical therapy to strengthen it and regain mobility.

If TT is lucky, this may be as bad as it gets. If it is more severe, It can require more invasive surgery and relatively long term immobilization, followed by an extended period of PT.

I wish him luck.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Turns out, Braxton may have two reasons to transfer from tOSU...
Willie Taggart is a dick.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Anyway Jones can transfer instead? :)