#2 Oregon vs #3 Florida State (Rose Bowl - Semifinal)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

#2 Oregon vs #3 Florida State (Rose Bowl - Semifinal)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Thursday - January 1st 2 PM PST on ESPN

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Re: #2 Oregon vs #3 Florida State (Rose Bowl - Semifinal)

Post by UofDuck »

Oregon 42 FSU 34
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Here goes the first of about 50 things that are, "the key to the game is"...........

I think the key to the game is getting a quick 14 on them. As we saw in the ACC championship game, Winston will start to panic and think he knows better then Jimbo and start trying to force things which will lead to picks. Winston gets easily rattled when things arn't going his way.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Herbstreit and Fowler will be commentators.
Good. I was getting sick of FS1's guys.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Herbstreit and Fowler will be commentators.
I always like that combo
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

If the Ducks play like they've been playing the past few games, over the whole course of this game as needed, it's hard for me to imagine FSU hanging with them. Just because the Seminoles are very talented, I don't assume that they can just flick a switch and play lights out when needed, which I think they'd pretty much have to do for a large part of the game (not just a few "brilliant moments" that show some of their talent) in order to win vs. the Ducks.

Probably the biggest danger is if the Ducks aren't able to gain a decisive lead by the time the fourth quarter rolls around. FSU's been accustomed to winning for a LONG time now, so unless they're really beaten down, they'll probably still believe in their ability to get enough points to win yet again.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Do you guys think that the whole "athletic defensive line" thing will end up being a real thing? Like the talent discrepancy that was the main reason we lost the natty. Or is our offensive line ready for them southern boys?

There linebackers and secondary is weak. And I'm not worried about our defensive line against their offensive line. But will our o line hold up?

I'm not going to lie it is quite a bit terrifying that Jameis has never lost a game. I could see our offensive line struggling enough and an on-point Jameis giving us major trouble.

Then again these guys almost lost to florida, miami, BC, NC State and Notre Dame. The Notre Dame game especially gives me hope. Notre Dame got waxed in the PAC 12.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

We didn't lose the natty bc of a talent discrepancy, it was a close game that gets misrepresented. Play that game again and we win half the time
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

DAT_man_again wrote:Do you guys think that the whole "athletic defensive line" thing will end up being a real thing? Like the talent discrepancy that was the main reason we lost the natty. Or is our offensive line ready for them southern boys?

There linebackers and secondary is weak. And I'm not worried about our defensive line against their offensive line. But will our o line hold up?

I'm not going to lie it is quite a bit terrifying that Jameis has never lost a game. I could see our offensive line struggling enough and an on-point Jameis giving us major trouble.

Then again these guys almost lost to florida, miami, BC, NC State and Notre Dame. The Notre Dame game especially gives me hope. Notre Dame got waxed in the PAC 12.
Their big DL didn't exactly shut down any of their opponents this year. I see that their fans are already clinging to the notion that since we had a rough game to WSU, who is the only team that had a bigger line than FSU, then clearly they will dominate us.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

QuackininBama wrote:Here goes the first of about 50 things that are, "the key to the game is"...........

I think the key to the game is getting a quick 14 on them. As we saw in the ACC championship game, Winston will start to panic and think he knows better then Jimbo and start trying to force things which will lead to picks. Winston gets easily rattled when things arn't going his way.
FSU has been an interesting team though. Many of the games I watched them play, they'd fall behind early and makes lots of silly mistakes, but eventually they'd pull it together and sneak away with the W.

This is always the case, but I think turnovers will end up deciding the winner.

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

It is an interesting matchup. I think their strength is that they know how to play from behind. Being in that position simply does not seem to bother them. Also their Defense has been very good in the red zone and their kicker is automatic.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I think our O-line will do great. Aside from Tyler Johnstone, this should be the first time all year that we're playing with the line we should have had in the first place... and once our backups got a couple games of experience under their belts (WSU and Zona), the line became a strength.

I don't know a whole lot about FSU... but if they really are weak at linebacker, then I think Freeman, Tyner, Marshal and Nelson are going to have gaping holes to run through. We'll be able to play at a very high tempo, and Marcus will have a much easier time settling into the game.

Also, with Grasu under center, expect the penalties we saw in the CCG disappear.

I have a really hard time seeing anything but us blowing the doors off of FSU.

The national championship will be a different story... but I think our "B" game is enough to demolish the 'Noles.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Image
Yeah very accurate at throwing interceptions. That's what he means :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

I'm afraid some of you are selling FSU short. We won't blow them out with our B game. Maybe with our A game and their B or C game. Reminds me of the 09 Rose Bowl when many Duck fans bought the hype that we would be too fast for them. At this level, everyone is fast.

FSU recruits on a level close to Alabama, Ohio State, etc. If we don't play well, we will lose. If both teams play well it's a close game. I believe we will play well and win. But I wouldn't take it for granted.