Ed Cunningham Still Sucks - Picks FSU Over Ducks

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: Ed Cunningham Still Sucks - Picks FSU Over Ducks

Post by FlDuckFan »

GrantDuck wrote:Heard Huard on the radio this morning and he was saying he was shocked at out much anti-Mariota sentiment was coming from Bristol, CT and ESPN. How basically a lot of the talking heads there were on the same line of "he can't throw from the pocket" "he's another Manziel" types of story lines, when in his eyes Mariota can "stand in the pocket and make every throw".
Do you have a link for that? I'd like to give it a listen.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Honestly, I feel like it's very difficult to predict whether a college QB will make it. It seems like hyped prospects pan out, like, 25-50% of the time. Same is true for Marcus. I believe in his potential as much as I've ever believed in any college player's, but that still doesn't leave me all that confident because it's just so hard to predict. Joey also looked like a great prospect (at least to me anyways) and look at what happened to him. I don't see much reason to doubt Marcus, but I also understand people not prematurely anointing him as the next superstar QB just yet.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Love re-living Pollard picking UW when Gameday was at the Fuskie game...nice pick. So is there some Huard connection other than seming to be somewhat unbiased and professional? I have seen him at Blazer games, did he marry a Duck? He may be the only Fusky that is rational.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

This is for you superduck! :lol:

Analyst: MSU was best team in college football in '14
"To me, that's a program, if every year you had to pick a team that could win a championship, I'd bet on them. But for me, saw them twice so I got to study them a bunch, other than those three quarters, the best team I saw."
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /20555303/
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

QuackininBama wrote:This is for you superduck! :lol:

Analyst: MSU was best team in college football in '14
"To me, that's a program, if every year you had to pick a team that could win a championship, I'd bet on them. But for me, saw them twice so I got to study them a bunch, other than those three quarters, the best team I saw."
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /20555303/
Just, no...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lol
I love my team, but this statement is ridiculous. It's like saying "Except for a couple bombs, Japan may have won WWII." State had a very good season, a win over Baylor would make it an excellent one, but you can't ignore reality.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:lol
I love my team, but this statement is ridiculous. It's like saying "Except for a couple bombs, Japan may have won WWII." State had a very good season, a win over Baylor would make it an excellent one, but you can't ignore reality.
I had a good laugh at that comment as well. Seems Cunningham is trying to win Stupidest Football Commentator of the Year.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
I had a good laugh at that comment as well. Seems Cunningham is trying to win Stupidest Football Commentator of the Year.
I'd have to say that he's well in the lead. I don't know if he's just an idiot, a jerk or both? I'm leaning toward both. :x
John 3:36
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

SuperDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
I'd have to say that he's well in the lead. I don't know if he's just an idiot, a jerk or both? I'm leaning toward both. :x
Both. Hey Ed, MSU wasn't even in the conversation of teams left out of the playoffs, didn't even get to their conference championship. How do you still get a paycheck? Keep making comments like that and you will end up sitting next to Softy.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Duck07 wrote:This show is just straight up bad. They just got done claiming that Jameis is the vastly better passer because he's more accurate. Not only does Jameis have drastically more INT's, he doesn't even have a better completion %. The automatic excuse for this is because Jameis has to make tougher throws whereas Marcus is all easy throws. This ignores a basic capstone to being a QB: Decision making when reading coverages.

You can talk all you want about scheme but nobody has the ability to know exactly where the QB's eyes are looking on each play but we do see where they end up going on the play. That Marcus doesn't make bad throws on a regular basis tells me he is able to quickly make decisions on what's he seeing whereas Jameis struggles with that.
There is a reason Jameis' nickname (OK, ONE of Jameis many and varied nicknames...) is "SQUINTS".
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:
Duck07 wrote:This show is just straight up bad. They just got done claiming that Jameis is the vastly better passer because he's more accurate. Not only does Jameis have drastically more INT's, he doesn't even have a better completion %. The automatic excuse for this is because Jameis has to make tougher throws whereas Marcus is all easy throws. This ignores a basic capstone to being a QB: Decision making when reading coverages.

You can talk all you want about scheme but nobody has the ability to know exactly where the QB's eyes are looking on each play but we do see where they end up going on the play. That Marcus doesn't make bad throws on a regular basis tells me he is able to quickly make decisions on what's he seeing whereas Jameis struggles with that.
There is a reason Jameis' nickname (OK, ONE of Jameis many and varied nicknames...) is "SQUINTS".
I've never figured out why he doesn't just wear contacts, like most people who need corrective lenses and play sports. You see a lot of other college and professional athletes wearing them so it's not like they won't stay in while playing.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

greenyellow wrote:
woundedknees wrote:

I've never figured out why he doesn't just wear contacts, like most people who need corrective lenses and play sports. You see a lot of other college and professional athletes wearing them so it's not like they won't stay in while playing.
Squints Wisdom has quite a ring to it, eh?

He's a real sharpie...

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

greenyellow wrote:
woundedknees wrote:

Squint Wisdom has quite a ring to it, eh?

fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Nothing wrong with picking FSU, but this is expected of Ed.

He's nothing but a troll (or maybe he really is just dumb), and a bad one at that.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

fpsduck wrote:Nothing wrong with picking FSU, but this is expected of Ed.

He's nothing but a troll (or maybe he really is just dumb), and a bad one at that.
My biggest issue with him is that he hates Oregon and does everything but come right out and say so. Making comments about how he thought Oregon was a good team, but not great (last year vs Virginia). Just totally focuses on anything negative he can find when it comes to the Ducks. When other Husky alums, Brock Huard, are looking at him like he's obsessed, there's definitely something wrong.

Yes, Oregon and Washington are bitter rivals. BUT, if a UO or UW grad becomes a broadcaster, TV show host, etc they need to put their feelings aside and act professionally.

If he were doing a regional radio or TV show in the Seattle area he could do whatever he wants, but not on ESPN and not while broadcasting Oregon games. The guy needs to just shut his big mouth.
John 3:36