Welp I got banned from Tomahawk Nation

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Welp I got banned from Tomahawk Nation

Post by SuperDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:I'm sure you guys are being perfect guests and all, but I went to the Scout FSU site and frankly most of the Duck posters there were being assholes or whiney bitches. I didn't see any winners on either side of that crap throwing contest.
You speak the truth. I'm skeptical of people who go over to other place's message boards UNLESS they are going out of their way to be friendly guests. You just don't go into another tribe's territory uninvited and start criticizing, arguing, etc. People aren't gonna put up with it and it inevitably devolves into stupid/immature pissing contests. No offense intended to you DATman, but I think if we were on the receiving end of a random FSU fan coming in here and calling one of our own dumb we'd ban 'em too.
Exactly. Actually, I'm kind of surprised that no FSU fans have found their way over here yet.
John 3:36
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

To be fair the OP was pretty annoying when they first started posting here.
BOOF it!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I'm a long time member of a popular FSU board and they experience thus far with Oregon fans coming over has been quite annoying. They've brought nothing constructive to the table and it just turns into a pissing match. It's a board that is otherwise quite positive and has good football talk but has devolved into an absolute shitshow since this matchup looked like it would happen and IMO it has been the fault of the Oregon fans. It looks like an old school oregonlive board during civil war week.

Bud Lee should teach a class on how to endear yourself as a visiting fan. It's always nice to have an outside view, so long as the conversation is productive and mature.

Edit: In all fairness, I must say the particular board I frequent, while all around solid, does have a few country bumpkins who couldn't find Oregon on a map with California and Washington labeled and are probably supporters of the Tallahassee PD.
Last edited by Duck24 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duck24 wrote:
Bud Lee should teach a class on how to endear yourself as a visiting fan. It's always nice to have an outside view, so long as the conversation is productive and mature.
+100 Bud has been the model for how to act when on another board.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
+100 Bud has been the model for how to act when on another board.
Yup. Always look forward to his insight and contributions. Glad to have him on this board.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Getting banned on another message board is not something I would be proud of. Sorry DatMan. Your enthusiasm is very much appreciated here but going to another board and talking smack is just plain silly. You are critical of their fan base for being jerks yet you behaving exactly like they are. SMH.
MM in Cali
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I'm pretty sure FSU could have been matched up against Bama and they'd be saying the same things. The only thing that matters is what they're saying on Jan 2.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

mm55 wrote:Getting banned on another message board is not something I would be proud of. Sorry DatMan. Your enthusiasm is very much appreciated here but going to another board and talking smack is just plain silly. You are critical of their fan base for being jerks yet you behaving exactly like they are. SMH.
So your saying if you had read a post that said the other heisman winners were embarrassed to be accepting Mariota into the club because his speech was so bad you wouldn't have said anything?

I didn't just go on there and randomly started spouting off. I had been having reasonable X and O conversations until that. I called it the dumbest thing I've ever heard on that board because it was incredibly stupid. In what world is defending our heisman winner talking crap about FSU? I said nothing about them.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

mm55 wrote:Getting banned on another message board is not something I would be proud of. Sorry DatMan. Your enthusiasm is very much appreciated here but going to another board and talking smack is just plain silly. You are critical of their fan base for being jerks yet you behaving exactly like they are. SMH.
So your saying if you had read a post that said the other heisman winners were embarrassed to be accepting Mariota into the club because his speech was so bad you wouldn't have said anything?

I didn't just go on there and randomly started spouting off. I had been having reasonable X and O conversations until that. I called it the dumbest thing I've ever heard on that board because it was incredibly stupid. In what world is defending our heisman winner talking crap about FSU? I said nothing about them.

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

snapt wrote:To be fair the OP was pretty annoying when they first started posting here.
Great input. Really well said. I'm glad you are able to contribute to this board with your insightful conclusion that I was annoying at one point in time.

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

I don't go on other board and randomly talk s***. I usually am pretty complimentary. But I will respond when someone says something that craps on the Ducks and is not remotely true.

It would be like one of us saying "Jameis had only been accused of one rape. But I bet he's raped at least three other girls."

If an FSU fan came here and read that I would hope he would call it dumb.

mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

your missing the point. Who cares what they say about MM. They are the ones being ignorant given Winston's history. You are perfectly right to defend Mariota but consider your audience. They are not going to buy it no matter what so why waste your time. There's an old saying that the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits. Let them show their ignorance and stupidity, we should just ignore them.
MM in Cali
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

mm55 wrote:your missing the point. Who cares what they say about MM. They are the ones being ignorant given Winston's history. You are perfectly right to defend Mariota but consider your audience. They are not going to buy it no matter what so why waste your time. There's an old saying that the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits. Let them show their ignorance and stupidity, we should just ignore them.
I think the easiest way to sum it up, using a Tomahawks own argument is this: "Yea, but all of those PAC offenses are overrated because the defenses out west SUCK. Of course those pathetic teams put up yards and points, nobody plays D out there. [Ignores obvious parallel to ACC Defenses being putrid because they play against garbage offense]

All they have is circular reasoning that starts and stops with "We're the best." Oregon is going to lose because Marcus is on the "awards circuit" and unlike Jameis last year, he isn't focused on the goal at hand because he's on late-night talk shows. Jameis might have done that last year, but he was focused.

Jimbo could sell turd sandwiches to these guys and they'd all happily eat it up and think its Lobster and argue with you if you told them they've got something on their face. "That's called a victory smear, you morons don't haven't won anything or you'd know what it is!"
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

mm55 wrote:your missing the point. Who cares what they say about MM. They are the ones being ignorant given Winston's history. You are perfectly right to defend Mariota but consider your audience. They are not going to buy it no matter what so why waste your time. There's an old saying that the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits. Let them show their ignorance and stupidity, we should just ignore them.
I don't care what they say, I'm just saying it's not like I went on there and was like "you guys suck, we are going to blast you, Rapist Jameis and Free Seafood University don't stand a chance trolololol."

I was just defending our guy.

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Dat_man I wasn't commenting about your interaction as I didn't see it, but here is what it sounds like to me:

An FSU troll beat you at the game of internet. He set the bait with an absurdity that even he doesn't believe. He targeted St Marcus to hit us Duck fan's hot button. You reacted (his desired goal) and he got you banned.

Score
FSU Troll: 10 Internets
Good Guy: 0

He took your bases young flame warrior.