Jeremy Fowler (ESPN): Colorado State high on Scott Frost

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Jeremy Fowler (ESPN): Colorado State high on Scott Frost

Post by bigsugarduck »

I still don't get the idea that Scott Frost is a great coach. Lubick has been a huge step up from Frost at WR, and frankly Frost has had one of the most talent rich offenses in the country the past two years, and the most efficient QB (ever?) running the show. I also seem to recall more than a few grumbles regarding play calls as well...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
JustisM
Three Star Recruit

Post by JustisM »

"Unable to interest Oregon's Scott Frost, the best choice for job, it appears CSU will hire Georgia's Mike Bobo as football coach."

https://twitter.com/markkiszla/status/5 ... 7128142848
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

not sure why he would want that job. Right now it is not desirable with no AD in place. Lots of issues there.
MM in Cali
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Colorado State really isn't a bad job. They've been doing pretty well over there. I think Oregon OC to CSU HC is a step up, just not a huge one. If he gets the job (and wants it), congrats to him. We'd promote Lubick I'd guess, and I'd feel confident about that.
I agree not a bad job, a good one for him actually.

It's a more than double the pay and a good stepping stone job. He would have above average talent compared to his schedule. A low level P5 job where you're likely to get curb stomped can be a career ender in terms of future head coaching jobs for someone with as thin a resume as Frost. Derek Mason is finding it not so easy at Vandy. Leach is living off his TT resume at WSU or he'd have a warm rear end.
You're probably right, Grandpa. But please don't ever mention Mike Leach's rear end again.