Duck24
Senior

Re: Some interesting quotes from FSU players

Post by Duck24 »

DAT_man_again wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:Jalen Ramsey also says he can't figure out why the Noles are dogs in this game.

They seem to care way too much what the media thinks of them.
If you were undefeated for two consecutive years, wouldn't you be curious why people are doubting you? Can't say I blame him.
Not when I am about ten plays away from being 6-6.
Yeah but they're not, they're undefeated and won all of those close games. We are two plays away from losing to Wazzu but you don't use the same rationale there to undermine our record. We won and that's all that matters, correct? It doesn't matter that the refs blew a PI call on Dior, we still won.

I'm not saying FSU is the best team but they have every reason to be confident and if they weren't cofident, I'd be concerned. They are more vocal than Oregon is about their confidence but it is what it is.

Almost losing to Wazzu when you have your fifth and six starters at tackle and then beating everybody else by 20 points a game is different than barely scraping out wins in TEN of your games.

They can say what they want I'm just saying I think their confidence is misplaced.
FSU lost damn near their entire DL for portions of this season yet you see no national media excuses for that. It's just hypocritical that Oregon can blame their struggles on OL injuries but when FSU struggles to stop the run, nobody mentions what string DL is playing for them. FSU stinks of Notre Dame in 2012, I'll give everyone that. But as a fan of both teams, it's funny how Oregon became the media darling with the OL injuries we suffered yet nobody bats an eye at FSU's injury issues.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Duck24 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:Jalen Ramsey also says he can't figure out why the Noles are dogs in this game.

They seem to care way too much what the media thinks of them.
If you were undefeated for two consecutive years, wouldn't you be curious why people are doubting you? Can't say I blame him.
Yeah but they're not, they're undefeated and won all of those close games. We are two plays away from losing to Wazzu but you don't use the same rationale there to undermine our record. We won and that's all that matters, correct? It doesn't matter that the refs blew a PI call on Dior, we still won.

I'm not saying FSU is the best team but they have every reason to be confident and if they weren't cofident, I'd be concerned. They are more vocal than Oregon is about their confidence but it is what it is.

Almost losing to Wazzu when you have your fifth and six starters at tackle and then beating everybody else by 20 points a game is different than barely scraping out wins in TEN of your games.

They can say what they want I'm just saying I think their confidence is misplaced.
FSU lost damn near their entire DL for portions of this season yet you see no national media excuses for that. It's just hypocritical that Oregon can blame their struggles on OL injuries but when FSU struggles to stop the run, nobody mentions what string DL is playing for them. FSU stinks of Notre Dame in 2012, I'll give everyone that. But as a fan of both teams, it's funny how Oregon became the media darling with the OL injuries we suffered yet nobody bats an eye at FSU's injury issues.

I mean our poor play only lasted for two games. I think that's why the injury excuse has been more acceptable. FSUs struggles have lasted the entire season. Hard to blame an entire season of winning by one score or less against a weak schedule on injuries.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

DAT_man_again wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
Duck24 wrote: If you were undefeated for two consecutive years, wouldn't you be curious why people are doubting you? Can't say I blame him.

I mean our poor play only lasted for two games. I think that's why the injury excuse has been more acceptable. FSUs struggles have lasted the entire season. Hard to blame an entire season of winning by one score or less against a weak schedule on injuries.
The UO OL story also works because of the dramatic turn around once a start came back. That made hard to ignore. With teams running on FSU all year long, it's hard to say there would have been much difference.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

I'm sorry but if we stop the run it is going to be a very long night for FSU and Winston. Even with Eifo out now ( heartbreaking because he came back) when your D line knows that they have to throw the ball to move it and only worrie about screens is a huge difference maker. Only thing that really scares me are the quick WR screen on the outside. They have two big WR that can break tackles. That being said it should be close but Oregon will pull away and win by 10-14pts.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck24 wrote: FSU lost damn near their entire DL for portions of this season yet you see no national media excuses for that. It's just hypocritical that Oregon can blame their struggles on OL injuries but when FSU struggles to stop the run, nobody mentions what string DL is playing for them. FSU stinks of Notre Dame in 2012, I'll give everyone that. But as a fan of both teams, it's funny how Oregon became the media darling with the OL injuries we suffered yet nobody bats an eye at FSU's injury issues.
Maybe because our quarterback wasn't out stealing from restaurants and screaming insults across the campus. Oregon has represented the university and its fans with respect and humility. FSU and Winston has acted the fools all year long so maybe the "media darling" tag is well deserved?
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

QuackininBama wrote:
Duck24 wrote: FSU lost damn near their entire DL for portions of this season yet you see no national media excuses for that. It's just hypocritical that Oregon can blame their struggles on OL injuries but when FSU struggles to stop the run, nobody mentions what string DL is playing for them. FSU stinks of Notre Dame in 2012, I'll give everyone that. But as a fan of both teams, it's funny how Oregon became the media darling with the OL injuries we suffered yet nobody bats an eye at FSU's injury issues.
Maybe because our quarterback wasn't out stealing from restaurants and screaming insults across the campus. Oregon has represented the university and its fans with respect and humility. FSU and Winston has acted the fools all year long so maybe the "media darling" tag is well deserved?
+1000

No disrespect intended toward anyone personally, but about the only FSU fans in the nation right now reside in Florida.
John 3:36
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

It's just hypocritical that Oregon can blame their struggles on OL injuries but when FSU struggles to stop the run, nobody mentions what string DL is playing for them.
The difference is that Oregon shored up its O-line to the point that later in the year, even as a couple important guys were sidelined, our offense didn't skip a beat. We were truly beatable for just two games, and we happened to lose one.

Florida State hasn't lost (and they're wildly fortunate for that), but they've been beatable all year against inferior competition. This leads me to believe the strength of their D-line is somewhat irrelevant.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

pezsez1 wrote:
It's just hypocritical that Oregon can blame their struggles on OL injuries but when FSU struggles to stop the run, nobody mentions what string DL is playing for them.
The difference is that Oregon shored up its O-line to the point that later in the year, even as a couple important guys were sidelined, our offense didn't skip a beat. We were truly beatable for just two games, and we happened to lose one.

Florida State hasn't lost (and they're wildly fortunate for that), but they've been beatable all year against inferior competition. This leads me to believe the strength of their D-line is somewhat irrelevant.
But.....but.....THEY ARE BIGGER THEN US=INSTANT WIN!!!!!!