Ifo may have torn ACL in today's practice

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Ifo may have torn ACL in today's practice

Post by UOducksTK1 »

KingofDucks wrote:Just got confirmation. Torn ACL in non-contact drill is the correct info. He's done.
Poor dude..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

KingofDucks wrote:Just got confirmation. Torn ACL in non-contact drill is the correct info. He's done.
You may not know, but do they know the extent beyond that? (MCL?) Basically, is it a straight ACL(Addison) or a Pharaoh situation?

Concerned about his long term/NFL health.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

GrantDuck wrote:
You may not know, but do they know the extent beyond that? (MCL?) Basically, is it a straight ACL(Addison) or a Pharaoh situation?

Didn't the school pay for a $3 million dollar policy for him? He should be just fine.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

So two of probably our top 5 players have torn their ACL during non-contact drills this season? Are you kidding me?!?! The chances of that are astronomical! Geez, Uncle Phil should have somebody check out the shoes and turf combination.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

GrantDuck wrote:

Sorry, I don't know those details.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

KingofDucks wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:

Any news on Tyner?
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

FlDuckFan wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:

Any news on Tyner?
I know one of the other running backs (don't want to name him in case he is wrong) but he said last Thursday that Tyner is definitely going to play.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:So two of probably our top 5 players have torn their ACL during non-contact drills this season? Are you kidding me?!?! The chances of that are astronomical! Geez, Uncle Phil should have somebody check out the shoes and turf combination.
Torn ACLs happen all the time during non-contact situations. I'd actually say most cases of torn ACLs are non-contact. Plus, there's been no correlation between different playing surfaces and rates of ACL tears. ACL tears are typically freak injuries that happen without warning.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

FlDuckFan wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:

Any news on Tyner?
He's fine. Good to go. Same with Grasu.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I feel really good about Seisay though. And, although losing Ifo definitely sucks, he has been out during stretches of this season and we've had to play without him. Our guys stepped up before, and they'll step up again.

We'll still kill FSU.

EDIT: If there is a snakebit team in these playoffs, it's probably tOSU. I know the backup-backup had a great game in the Big-12 title matchup, but let's see how Mr. Third-Stringer does against Alabama.

Even without Ifo, Oregon will be going into the Rose Bowl in better health than we've been all year.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

I might regret saying this, but I think I'd trade Ifo for Grassu and Tyner (if it's the Tyner who was running like a man possessed right before he was hurt).
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Come on Seisay!Maybe they'll give Nelson a few reps at CB?
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

whosyourwally wrote:I might regret saying this, but I think I'd trade Ifo for Grassu and Tyner (if it's the Tyner who was running like a man possessed right before he was hurt).
Ifo is slightly more replaceable than Grasu, IMO.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Nice to see that the Ducks won't be playing the "secret" game on this:

Rob Moseley @DuckFootball ·

Mark Helfrich confirms that Ifo Ekpre-Olomu will not play in the College Football Playoff. #GoDucks
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

From Rob Moseley:
Troy Hill was asked by a member of the media if he's "next man up" for Ifo. "Am I next man up? I've been up. I don't know what you mean."

Sometimes have to wonder if reporters pay attention at all to who's actually been playing, besides the star players.