Waller apparently now signed FAA and plans to enroll early

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Waller apparently now signed FAA and plans to enroll early

Post by Greenblood »

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... ncart_2box

He somehow must have gotten around his school's prohibition on graduating early. Still not clear to me exactly what "early" means in this instance, but I figure it has to mean before spring drills. Adds some spice to the QB competition, though I still think it will be Lockie who starts in September.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Waller apparently now signed FAA and plans to enroll ear

Post by QuackininBama »

I dunno, Lockie just hasn't impressed me at all. I honestly think its going to be Mahalak, but Waller is going to have his shot.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

lol, Mariota has spoiled us. Mahalak looks like hes running in sand compared to Mariota:
Last edited by QuackininBama on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Delete the 's' in https:
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

QuackininBama wrote:lol, Mariota has spoiled us. Mahalak looks like hes running in sand compared to Mariota:

Edit: I have no idea how to get the youtube feature to work so you'll have to copy/paste. Sorry
What he^said... FIFY!

BTW, that is sophomore film... Something a little more recent might help.

MM2 doesn't seem to have the smooth elusiveness of Marcus, but who does?
Last edited by woundedknees on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ Delete the 's' in https:
Ohh THANKS! haha
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think Waller is going to be in Eugene in 2 weeks for Winter Term making him a part of the Winter Conditioning workouts rather than a few months from now for Spring Term. None of the 5 incoming players will be allowed to practice with the team though if/when we beat FSU and prepare for OSU/Bama, but they could still watch practices.

It's really awesome we've got 5 high-profile players coming in early. The transition to college can be rough for some and I know Drew Davis really benefited from enrolling early and getting used to Eugene, practice and classes.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

woundedknees wrote:
BTW, that is sophomore film... Something a little more recent might help.

MM2 doesn't seem to have the smooth elusiveness of Marcus, but who does?
Opps! Just got an F on my googling skills haha
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Excellent!

I still don't see him stealing the starting QB job from Marcus next year though...
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

fpsduck wrote:Excellent!

I still don't see him stealing the starting QB job from Marcus next year though...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Yeah, we appear to be set at the QB position for the next year. Wishful thinking. :D
John 3:36
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QuackininBama wrote:

Don't laugh, Uncle Phil is going to tell him his future endorsement deal with Nike will have 10 Million more reasons for him to stay 1 more year. :ugeek:

Seriously, if Phil tells him (or Toa, or Alanna)that he'll up his endorsement deal if he comes back then the financial reward of going pro is taken out, so why wouldn't he stay and play another year with his brother? Nothing is going to happen to him that would cause him to fall out of the 1st round in the following draft because it would only make it easier for Philly to draft him.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck07 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:

Don't laugh, Uncle Phil is going to tell him his future endorsement deal with Nike will have 10 Million more reasons for him to stay 1 more year. :ugeek:

Seriously, if Phil tells him (or Toa, or Alanna)that he'll up his endorsement deal if he comes back then the financial reward of going pro is taken out, so why wouldn't he stay and play another year with his brother? Nothing is going to happen to him that would cause him to fall out of the 1st round in the following draft because it would only make it easier for Philly to draft him.
He could tear an ACL with two games left before he starts focusing on the NFL draft and see his draft stock plummet :( .
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QuackininBama wrote: He could tear an ACL with two games left before he starts focusing on the NFL draft and see his draft stock plummet :( .
And Philly (and others) would still gladly spend a 1st round draft pick on him if that we're to happen. I realize Marcus isn't viewed in the same light as Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck would have still been the #1 pick had he torn up his knee before the draft. As I've outlined before, financially he could actually be better off under that potential scenario because his NFL contract is structured whereas he can make as much $ as he can get when it comes to endorsement deals.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

And I just wanted to point out (for probably only a very few who don't know) that a thread over on the War Room board was WAY ahead of me on this. Suppose it's nice, though, now that he's actually a Duck, to have a thread on this board.