The Heir Apparent at Qb for the Ducks in 2015 will be...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: The Heir Apparent at Qb for the Ducks in 2015 will be...

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:How many years of eligibility would he have?
From a recent EWU press release, sounds like a 1 for 1 and possibly as a Grad student
...and redshirt junior football student-athlete Vernon Adams have been selected by the Eastern Washington University Athletics Department as its January Scholar-Athletes of the Month, as announced Wednesday, Jan. 7....Adams finished as the runner-up for the second straight season for the Walter Payton Award, which was presented on Dec. 15 in Philadelphia, Pa. He was also honored on four NCAA Football Championship Subdivision All-America teams during the month, including first team honors by Associated Press, College Sports Madness and Beyond Sports Network. He opened the month by helping EWU defeat Montana, 37-20, in the second round of the FCS Playoffs, then passed for 425 yards and accounted for four touchdowns in a 59-46 loss to Illinois State in the quarterfinals.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think Oregon can do better than Adams. If he's all they can get, I think Oregon may be better off just going with Lockie or any other QB on the roster. I don't think Adams' game translates to the FBS level as well as some may think.
Spokaneduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Spokaneduck »

greenyellow wrote:I think Oregon can do better than Adams. If he's all they can get, I think Oregon may be better off just going with Lockie or any other QB on the roster. I don't think Adams' game translates to the FBS level as well as some may think.
Living in Spokane I see a lot of EWU games. I think Adams could do very well at Oregon. With all of the talent we have coming back I feel we need someone who can distribute to all of the playmakers. Adams certainly can spread the ball around and has the talent to make things happen if the plays break down. OSU and UW can attest to his ability to put some points on the board. On a side note, I keep going back and forth on which field gives me a bigger headache to watch a game played on it, the Smurf Turf at Boise or the Red Inferno of EWU.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Anyone know when we'll find out if Adams or Miller decide to transfer?
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

DmoneyDuck wrote:Anyone know when we'll find out if Adams or Miller decide to transfer?
I believe I heard that Adams will graduate in the Spring, so we likely won't hear anything official until then.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

greenyellow wrote:I think Oregon can do better than Adams. If he's all they can get, I think Oregon may be better off just going with Lockie or any other QB on the roster. I don't think Adams' game translates to the FBS level as well as some may think.

any reason for this? having seen him play quite a bit, there aren't many throws he can't make. the only reason he's playing fcs as far as I can tell is his size. not much about his game that wouldn't transfer to this level.
ImageImageImageImageImage
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see the results of Spring practice, and watching the Spring Game.

I have the strangest feeling we are all going to be pleasantly surprised.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

It already has translated. There are actual games you can watch of him playing against FBS competition and his performances were nothing short of spectacular. Obviously there are no guarantees when it comes to plugging in a new player. He isn't a perfect player in terms of measurables, he isn't the fastest player on the field, he doesn't have picture perfect mechanics, but he is a proven baller that has proven it over multiple seasons. That is much more than can be said of any QB candidate currently on the roster.
JustisM
Three Star Recruit

Post by JustisM »

Adams really isn't that good, y'all. He's like FCS good, but the Pac-12 has a bunch of players. Adams is going to have to convert to another position at the professional level.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

JustisM wrote:Adams really isn't that good, y'all. He's like FCS good, but the Pac-12 has a bunch of players. Adams is going to have to convert to another position at the professional level.
Oregon isn't at the professional level though..

Also here are his few games against comparable opponents that we face in the Pac-12:
@Washington 31-46 475 yards and 7 TDs (0 INTs)
@OSU 23-30 411 yards 4 TDs (0 INTs), also rushed 16 times for 107 yards and 2 TDs

Not a huge sample size, but pretty impressive for 2 road Pac-12 games.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13