Cardele Jones/Braxton Miller

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Digdat0
High School Drop Out

Re: Cardele Jones/Braxton Miller

Post by Digdat0 »

A lot of people seem to forget Miller is still recovering from his surgery. He's not throwing yet ... And won't be until summer.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Can Jones enter the supplemental draft if he gets beat out again by Barrett?
timberduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by timberduck »

Jones isn't beating Barrett.

I think he came back knowing that in all likelihood he would be backup.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I gues Cardele made the financially wise decision to stay at Ohio State, wouldn't want to take a paycut. Urby pays better than NFL teams.
PDXPapa
One Star Recruit

Post by PDXPapa »

Ohio State is simply stacked at QB. In addition to Braxton Miller, JT Barrett and Cradle Jones, Stephen Collier (FR - redshirting) and incoming **** recruit Torrance Gibson round out incredible depth at QB. I was speaking with a former Ohio State player on our return flight and he was very high on freshman Stephen Collier and Gibson. Collier has apparently impressed many at practice and this former OSU player thought it would be in Braxton's best interest to transfer to Oregon.

Collier was "just" a 3-star according to Rivals.com ( as was Crardale ) but the gentleman I spoke with told me he has impressed the staff. He was invited to the ESPN Rise Elite 11 camp in Eugene after his junior year and rated as the #12 dual threat QB by 247.

Torrance Gibson is a 4-star recruit from Florida who performed well at the Army Bowl - 6'4" and wiry.

Stephen Collier - http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports ... 83346.html
Torrance Gibson - http://sports.yahoo.com/ohiostate/footb ... son-136015

Braxton may not end up at Oregon ( though I believe he would be a good match given his skill set and experience running a similar system under Urban ) but it seems like a perfect scenario for him to transfer with all parties and fan bases feeling good about it.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

@49ers_Source: Source: Braxton Miller could transfer from Ohio State to #Oregon.
@ClevelandGod: Braxton Miller is a done deal to @Univ_Of_Oregon sources reporting
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Would be awesome if true!!!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm not sure how reliable those sources are since they seem to be more like fans reporting on rumors they're hearing from second-hand sources.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Remember though that 541 and KOD both reported there was contact between Miller and the school several months ago. I think at this point we won't hear anything official from the school until spring term.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Justin has something on duck territory about Braxton that is VIP so I don't know what is
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Yesterday reddit had a link up that stated he was enrolled in school at tOSU so I don't expect anything to come of this.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

karlhungis wrote:Yesterday reddit had a link up that stated he was enrolled in school at tOSU so I don't expect anything to come of this.
Pretty sure Miller hasn't graduated yet. He needs to graduate before he can transfer. He was going to be at Ohio State this term regardless.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
duckrogers
One Star Recruit

Post by duckrogers »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He could also just be finishing up the school year in Columbus because of his ongoing shoulder rehab and/or he's waiting until after signing day to find a new school.
duckphanatic23
One Star Recruit

Post by duckphanatic23 »