Devon Allen injury

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Devon Allen injury

Post by thomas time »

there talk about him on duck territory and how he might not be ready for next season, anybody know the latest?
greenyellow

Re: Devon Allen injury

Post by greenyellow »

They were sounding like he tore multiple ligaments and it was much more serious than he stated it was, which is in stark contrast to what Allen was saying. When the Ducks were practicing for the NCG, Allen was interviewed about the injury and he said it was nowhere near what Ifo or Pharaoh were dealing with. Plus, he said he was planning to be ready to do some track training in a few months. Only thing I think could have changed is if they found something extra in scans.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:They were sounding like he tore multiple ligaments and it was much more serious than he stated it was, which is in stark contrast to what Allen was saying. When the Ducks were practicing for the NCG, Allen was interviewed about the injury and he said it was nowhere near what Ifo or Pharaoh were dealing with. Plus, he said he was planning to be ready to do some track training in a few months. Only thing I think could have changed is if they found something extra in scans.
MRI's can very often be inconclusive and the extent of the damage might not have been known until they actually got a scope in his knee. That said, considering his injury was non-contact and there was no inhuman bending of his knee like Brown, I'd be surprised if it was multiple ligaments. Maybe significant damage to his meniscus which, depending on how it is repaired can take 6-9+ months to fully heal, a la Derrick Rose last year.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If they do the micro fracture repair on meniscus injuries, it is a long recovery, but the prognosis is well worth the wait, in most cases.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

One of my friends told me he tore his ACL. No confirmation on DT, but that meshes with the potential timeline stated on DT.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

I can confirm that the thought at the moment is that he won't play next year. It's a combination of his injury, our depth, and Allen not wanting to rush things due to his track career too. Nothing is for sure as everyone's rehab is different but that is what I'm hearing right now.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

He was walking around the NCG without crutches as well as saw him with only one crutch once in awhile so I'm wondering the true extent.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Hopefully he comes back, whether it sometime next season or 2016 and able to run track