Chip going after Mariota?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Chip going after Mariota?

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Marcus is having his Pro Day, well, Oregon is having their Pro Day next week. Not sure which day exactly but if its Tuesday I'll be able to attend and share my 2c.
It's on Thursday. Can anyone attend?
I know someone who will be there and that's usually the best "in" as its not an open event.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Pro Day is not open to the public however I am sure that Rob Moseley will have access and will write something up. the demand for access from the NFL people alone has to very significant.
MM in Cali
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Yahoo's Rand Getlin reports the Eagles are "definitely out in front" for free agent CB Byron Maxwell. As inferior Kareem Jackson landed $8.5 million annually to stay in Houston, Maxwell should easily push for $10 million per year. Expected to be extremely active this week, the Eagles could conceivably have both Maxwell and Devin McCourty locked up by Tuesday evening. Word on the street has Philly going all in on free agency and selling their draft for Marcus Mariota. Also report of Eagles getting Frank Gore, would be nice to get some secondary help for Chip.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Eagles have verbally agreed to sign Gore and Maxwell but they did lost Maclin to KC so they may need to either sign or draft another top WR.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

there's a link on duck territory about Huff needing to step up next year. Also from duck territory: Mark Sanchez just inked a two year deal worth potentially $16 million should he reach all of his incentives. That is starting quarterback money. However, that kind of money also hints that Chip Kelly has a grand plan to move Sanchez on draft day should his former quarterback Marcus Mariota reach the number 6 spot. Nick Foles is also still on roster for the Eagles, which makes for some interesting possibilities come April 30th.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

thomas time wrote:there's a link on duck territory about Huff needing to step up next year. Also from duck territory: Mark Sanchez just inked a two year deal worth potentially $16 million should he reach all of his incentives. That is starting quarterback money. However, that kind of money also hints that Chip Kelly has a grand plan to move Sanchez on draft day should his former quarterback Marcus Mariota reach the number 6 spot. Nick Foles is also still on roster for the Eagles, which makes for some interesting possibilities come April 30th.
I'm sorry, but that is pretty wildish to even think would happen. The Eagles are going to trade Sanchez BACK to the Jets? No way. What that means is the opposite in fact, Foles is likely to be traded and Sanchez is locked in as the #2 and possible starter should the Marcus Plan totally blow up in Chips face.

Further, what the rumored trade with the Jets does is allow the other teams ahead of NY to gauge what they can fleece Philly for. Tampa/Tennessee might prefer Foles and a lot of Philly draft picks but Sanchez signed that contract knowing full well that he is not a trade piece because any team that wanted him as a QB would have signed him (or made an attempt to) and it would have given him control over his destination rather than "hoping" Chip trades him to a team he'd want to play for.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Now I can see why Gore so readily left the 49ers as it seems like they're in another full-blown transition with news that Patrick Willis might be retiring due to numerous foot and toe injuries. Plus, there are rumors that Kaepernick is on the trading block.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Rep ... 123316.php
ducks1311
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducks1311 »

If either QB is a trade piece after that signing it is Foles, not Sanchez.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

If the RUMORED Kaepernick deal goes down, I pray to God that the 49ers don't draft Mariota. They are a complete and total mess with relatively little chance of getting any better anytime soon. I know they would have to go through some serious hoops to get MM but at this point who knows with the clowns in charge there.
MM in Cali
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

mm55 wrote:If the RUMORED Kaepernick deal goes down, I pray to God that the 49ers don't draft Mariota. They are a complete and total mess with relatively little chance of getting any better anytime soon. I know they would have to go through some serious hoops to get MM but at this point who knows with the clowns in charge there.
I really doubt that San Fran would move Kaep with the intention of going after Mariota. If they move Kaep, it would probably be for a more traditional QB.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

karlhungis wrote:
mm55 wrote:If the RUMORED Kaepernick deal goes down, I pray to God that the 49ers don't draft Mariota. They are a complete and total mess with relatively little chance of getting any better anytime soon. I know they would have to go through some serious hoops to get MM but at this point who knows with the clowns in charge there.
I really doubt that San Fran would move Kaep with the intention of going after Mariota. If they move Kaep, it would probably be for a more traditional QB.
That's it! :-) Kaepernick for Sanchez!

Done deal... Yeah, right!

Wanna buy a bridge?
Last edited by woundedknees on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Stephen A. Smith now suggesting that racism is behind some of Chip's moves so far. Smith has to be one of the dumbest sports commentators out there (as are most of ESPN's guys) and hopefully ESPN will see enough to finally cut bait with him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ter-moves/
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:Stephen A. Smith now suggesting that racism is behind some of Chip's moves so far. Smith has to be one of the dumbest sports commentators out there (as are most of ESPN's guys) and hopefully ESPN will see enough to finally cut bait with him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ter-moves/
I like Smith most of the time, but this is absolutely pathetic. Yes, Sanchez, Gore, Alonso...all white. :roll:
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

When they dicked Alex smith around I always felt that San Francisco was on the verge of becoming a mess. Harbaugh kept them together for a little bit longer, but now they're showing that they have no idea what they want to do.