Mariota turns down Senior Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Mariota turns down Senior Bowl

Post by MFRDuckFan »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =289699141

"Right now we're still making that decision, whether to throw at the Combine. I had to kinda rest about a week-and-a-half," Mariota said, speaking at a press conference Saturday in Laie, where he was being honored as the first Polynesian College Football Player of the Year. "I sprained the AC joint (in his right, throwing, shoulder). But now, I'm able to throw. Feels good."
ducktales32
High School Drop Out

Post by ducktales32 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =289699141

"Right now we're still making that decision, whether to throw at the Combine. I had to kinda rest about a week-and-a-half," Mariota said, speaking at a press conference Saturday in Laie, where he was being honored as the first Polynesian College Football Player of the Year. "I sprained the AC joint (in his right, throwing, shoulder). But now, I'm able to throw. Feels good."
Scouts/teams are going to doubt him even more if he doesn't throw at the combine. It's at the end of February, how can he not be ready for it?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ducktales32 wrote:

Scouts/teams are going to doubt him even more if he doesn't throw at the combine. It's at the end of February, how can he not be ready for it?
Not really. He'll still have pro day and private workouts. Most of the higher ranked QB prospects don't throw at the combine.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If Marcus actually had any doubts, about turning pro, I am sure the hit by Bosa didn't weigh in favor of staying.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

pdxmallard
Two Star Recruit

Post by pdxmallard »

Phenom wrote:
ducktales32 wrote:

Not really. He'll still have pro day and private workouts. Most of the higher ranked QB prospects don't throw at the combine.
True. It's the exception for a top ranked QB to throw at the combine, as there really is no upside to it. Teams just don't decide to take a QB in the top half of the first round based on throwing at the combine. No one really expects either Mariota or Winston to do it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

ducktales32 wrote:
You don't follow the theatrics that is NFL Draft prep do you? Marcus will be at the combine, he'll likely run and jump and answer questions but he won't pick up a football.

The only passing workouts that will matter for him will be at the Oregon Pro Day and in any individual team workouts he'll do.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Apparently he's got an ac sprain. It's mostly a pain tolerance issue but for those wanting to see him fall (and thus make it more likely Chip can get him) then its a "good" thing.
Last edited by Duck07 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Mortensen & Schefter basically reporting on the pre-game that Tampa Bay is geared up to take Marcus and has everything built around a QB like him. Maybe they just launched a shot across the bow to Chip.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Mortensen & Schefter basically reporting on the pre-game that Tampa Bay is geared up to take Marcus and has everything built around a QB like him. Maybe they just launched a shot across the bow to Chip.
Chip ain't risking his job for Mariota. As great a college quarterback as he was, the transition to the pros isn't a guarantee, its hit or miss with all college quarterbacks. And even if Marcus turns out to be good/great in the future, all college quarterbacks struggle as rookies. Most I see Chip moving up is 5 spots and one draft pick. Anything else is just to risky.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/5/79 ... is-winston
Mariota to #6 Jets. Arik #8 to Falcons, according to McShay.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/5/79 ... is-winston
Mariota to #6 Jets. Arik #8 to Falcons, according to McShay.

Anyone but the Jets, please.