Bryan Bennett

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

squintsdd
Sophomore

Bryan Bennett

Post by squintsdd »

Sounds like he struggled this year, but still earned himself a spot at the senior bowl and a chance at the nfl. Hope the kid does well.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Bryan Bennett

Post by MFRDuckFan »

So excited for him! :D
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

squintsdd wrote:Sounds like he struggled this year, but still earned himself a spot at the senior bowl and a chance at the nfl. Hope the kid does well.
Marcus not going + another QB not going meant that BB got the late invite. My understanding is that he looked like the best QB there yesterday as his accuracy issues looked more like timing with new wrs from what I read. He's the former Chip QB most likely to end up in Philly and he'd take over the 2/3 spot depending on if Sanchez resigns or not.
Duffman57
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duffman57 »

Duck07 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:Sounds like he struggled this year, but still earned himself a spot at the senior bowl and a chance at the nfl. Hope the kid does well.
Marcus not going + another QB not going meant that BB got the late invite. My understanding is that he looked like the best QB there yesterday as his accuracy issues looked more like timing with new wrs from what I read. He's the former Chip QB most likely to end up in Philly and he'd take over the 2/3 spot depending on if Sanchez resigns or not.
It was actually Nick Marshall deciding that he was going to play CB that gave him the nod.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

I'm excited to see what he can do in tomorrow's game.

1pm 8-)
bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigbenp »

fpsduck wrote:I'm excited to see what he can do in tomorrow's game.

1pm 8-)
Me too. I hated that he left, but good for him for the college career he had.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

He looked alright on his first possession, although he almost got picked by a Rodent at the goal line.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Noooo Bryan...INT that almost went for 6.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

He looked like a safety, with a rocket arm, playing Qb.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

buckmarkduck wrote:He looked like a safety, with a rocket arm, playing Qb.
So he looked like Jake Locker?
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

uostudent wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:He looked like a safety, with a rocket arm, playing Qb.
So he looked like Jake Locker?
Basically. He had two picks, and should have had 4. His most impressive throw went over the head of his intended WR, but was caught by the WR 4 yds behind him.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

He's a freak of an athlete. I just can't see him as a QB. He's going to have to switch positions if he expects to earn a spot on an NFL roster. It wouldn't be the first time a college QB has had to do that at the next level. Actually, some of those guys went on to have decent careers.
John 3:36
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

SuperDuck wrote:He's a freak of an athlete. I just can't see him as a QB. He's going to have to switch positions if he expects to earn a spot on an NFL roster. It wouldn't be the first time a college QB has had to do that at the next level. Actually, some of those guys went on to have decent careers.
Like our offensive coordinator
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

chapelhillduck wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:He's a freak of an athlete. I just can't see him as a QB. He's going to have to switch positions if he expects to earn a spot on an NFL roster. It wouldn't be the first time a college QB has had to do that at the next level. Actually, some of those guys went on to have decent careers.
Like our offensive coordinator
I was thinking he same thing...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!