Vernon Adams visiting Oregon?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mm55
Four Star Recruit

Re: Vernon Adams visiting Oregon?

Post by mm55 »

OreDucks01284 wrote:
GoDuckYourself wrote:Any chance he takes a trip anywhere else this weekend before deciding? Seems like we aren't the only ones who have a vacancy at the QB position.
Rumor, it might be down to UCLA, Oregon or staying at EWU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is this a rumor, it has been the deal all along. Not sure what level of engagement he has with UCLA but who knows.
MM in Cali
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

mm55 wrote:
OreDucks01284 wrote:
GoDuckYourself wrote:Any chance he takes a trip anywhere else this weekend before deciding? Seems like we aren't the only ones who have a vacancy at the QB position.

How is this a rumor, it has been the deal all along. Not sure what level of engagement he has with UCLA but who knows.
He is from Pasadena.......and Mora is like Urban west. Let's hope he doesn't visit.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

mm55 wrote:
OreDucks01284 wrote:

Well he is from Pasadena.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Reason why I said its a rumor is because we haven't hear it from VA himself mention about UCLA, just some poster from other site that know a person who's on his team.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I know little of UCLA's qb situation, but are their backups as uncertain as ours?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GoDuckYourself
Three Star Recruit

Post by GoDuckYourself »

He's from there so I guess he really wouldn't need to visit.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

pezsez1 wrote:I know little of UCLA's qb situation, but are their backups as uncertain as ours?
They just signed highly ranked QB Josh Rosen but the backup this year was walk on Jerry Neuheisel.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

maxduck wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:I know little of UCLA's qb situation, but are their backups as uncertain as ours?
They just signed highly ranked QB Josh Rosen but the backup this year was walk on Jerry Neuheisel.
They have Neuheisiel, RS JR
Asiantii Woulard (2013 Elite 11 MVP, Dual Threat QB) RS SO
Arron Sharp (Dual Thread, 200m state champ Tx) RS Freshman
Josh Rosen (5 star, Elite 11) True Freshman
Last edited by GrandpaDuck on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Woulard is probably current leader but Rosen is already on campus

I have no doubt that mora will say whatever he needs, promise a starting spot or anything else he needs to do. Look what they just did with their DC
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I wonder if he can even play on a field that is green. After playing on a red field for so long with the red
field will it throw off his equalibrium?
vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Post by vegasdom »

I'd really like to see this kid come to Eugene but if he is not smart enough or doesn't think he is good enough to beat out the current competition then the ducks don't need him.

Whats not to like. Playoff caliber team? Offense that will allow him to rack up serious stats on a nation stage?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

How the hell does anyone say Mora is Urb west? Like home or hate him, Urb wins, mora just sucks as a HC and will never win big.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

buckmarkduck wrote:How the hell does anyone say Mora is Urb west? Like home or hate him, Urb wins, mora just sucks as a HC and will never win big.
I mean in their recruiting tactics, they will use any fake promise they can and sweet talk a guy. Then when they show up in August they both act like they barely know the player and treat him like a 4th stringer that he is and not a starter like promised.

Look at UCLA's DC leaving after all their guys had already signed. The Falcons had their staff in order a month ago but you know that he and Mora wanted to get all their guys in before he left for the NFL.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

is there any way a kid can get out of a LOI because of something like that?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckfan96 wrote:is there any way a kid can get out of a LOI because of something like that?
Yes and No. What's funny is that UCLA's Eddie Vanderdoes signed his NLI to Notre Dame but wanted out and went to UCLA and he won his appeal to play immediately. It specifically states that you can't get out of the NLI for a coach leaving unless that was addressed in the NLI initially but no school really wants to deal with someone who doesn't want to be there. I can see UCLA being some uptight squares though if any of those recruits wanted to leave AND play in the PAC.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/med ... ter-intent