Vernon Adams visiting Oregon?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mm55
Four Star Recruit

Re: Vernon Adams visiting Oregon?

Post by mm55 »

Duck07 wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:is there any way a kid can get out of a LOI because of something like that?
Yes and No. What's funny is that UCLA's Eddie Vanderdoes signed his NLI to Notre Dame but wanted out and went to UCLA and he won his appeal to play immediately. It specifically states that you can't get out of the NLI for a coach leaving unless that was addressed in the NLI initially but no school really wants to deal with someone who doesn't want to be there. I can see UCLA being some uptight squares though if any of those recruits wanted to leave AND play in the PAC.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/med ... ter-intent
Vanderdoes got out of his LOI due to a hardship situation. His Mother became very ill and he wanted to be closer to home. The NCAA looks very closely at these requests for this exact reason. The person requesting out of an LOI must provide very explicit documentation and it has to be more than 'the coach who recruited me is leaving'.

All that being said, I think Mora is a total scumbag and he knew Ulbricht was possibly leaving. He was just lucky that Seattle was in the SB and Quinn (the Seattle DC) could not take the Atl job sooner because if he had and announced he was taking Ulbricht sooner Mora might have lost some recruits. The bottom line is that no kid should pick a school based solely on the coach. These kids know that coaches can come and go and while many develop some very strong bonds with these coaches they should never commit based on that. We all know that but 17&18 year old kids have their own thought process.
MM in Cali
duckfan96
Senior

Re: Vernon Adams visiting Oregon?

Post by duckfan96 »

Coaches switch kids switch it happens. Sorta crappy when done like that seems like they were hiding something. Sorta like a committ saying he's solid then switching at the last second tho