Oregon Ducks Spring Game (May 2nd 11am Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Oregon Ducks Spring Game (May 2nd 11am Pac-12 Net)

Post by greenyellow »

fpsduck wrote:
hjpop wrote:Bennett was also used during non-mop up time when Lockie's job was to secure and hand off the ball. I don't know why people are down on the guy, claiming he doesn't do XXX or can't do YYY, when all we saw were mop-up snaps. The practice notes often say he has made a lot of progress. Spring game, he'll have a few weeks with the ones, running the ones, so we can start to see what he can do.

He saw more action than just mop-up duty.

He came in against Ohio State when Mariota had to sit out a play and he also came in against Texas when Marcus had his helmet ripped off.

In both of those instances he looked completely out of his element.
I think most QBs would look a bit lost coming in during the middle of a drive for only a play or two without notice.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I heard from someone very close to the situation that Lockie is not a Pac-12 caliber starter. He's a great guy and can be a valuable backup, but that's it.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Would of been nice to see Jake Rodrigues , I was really pulling for him to get that #2 spot when he was here.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

FlDuckFan wrote:Would of been nice to see Jake Rodrigues , I was really pulling for him to get that #2 spot when he was here.
x2

it's a shame he couldn't wait another year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Last time we had a QB battle we had to recover from losing DT, I love DT and all, but losing Mariota is quite a bit bigger than losing DT. I think we can confidently say we'll most definitely have a downgrade at QB, and that's not a shot at those who will be in the competition, but Mariota is a once in a lifetime QB/person. We will never have another player like him again.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

MM was/is and always will be a great duck. Not my favorite LMJ and Joey my top two. But to say that Oregon will never have another like MM? Another hawaiin qb? A qb that is that fast? What exactly do you mean? I know a lot of peeps have a man crush on MM but don't sell the coaches short. They know talent and will get it. They found MM didn't they? JMO of course. And I know MM had a much higher skill set than DT but end of the year results....both led Oregon to big bowl game wins and a #2 ranking. DT did beat Stanford more tho :lol:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckfan96 wrote:MM was/is and always will be a great duck. Not my favorite LMJ and Joey my top two. But to say that Oregon will never have another like MM? Another hawaiin qb? A qb that is that fast? What exactly do you mean? I know a lot of peeps have a man crush on MM but don't sell the coaches short. They know talent and will get it. They found MM didn't they? JMO of course. And I know MM had a much higher skill set than DT but end of the year results....both led Oregon to big bowl game wins and a #2 ranking. DT did beat Stanford more tho :lol:
I'm arrogant as F, we're going to have a QB who will eclipse what Mariota did!

"And everything under the sun is in tune,
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon."
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckfan96 wrote:MM was/is and always will be a great duck. Not my favorite LMJ and Joey my top two. But to say that Oregon will never have another like MM? Another hawaiin qb? A qb that is that fast? What exactly do you mean? I know a lot of peeps have a man crush on MM but don't sell the coaches short. They know talent and will get it. They found MM didn't they? JMO of course. And I know MM had a much higher skill set than DT but end of the year results....both led Oregon to big bowl game wins and a #2 ranking. DT did beat Stanford more tho :lol:
We will never have another QB that will be Oregon's first ever Heisman winner, and it goes beyond that. He represented the university so well, and college football as well. You hear ESPN commentators like Mack Brown say it, he was a true role model and a true man of integrity. What makes MM so great goes beyond what he did on the field, and we've had good guys, but I can't think of another player Oregon has had that has had that high combination of talent and integrity. Maybe there will be better players in the future, I hope so, but none of them will be Marcus Mariota. The joy he brought to the duck nation is unmatched by any other Oregon player ever.
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

iosa wrote:11am seems perfect for an European 8-)
I'll try to watch it if I can find a link.
I was thinking the same thing! ;) Not many games are very convenient for us on the other said of the pond!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Not going to make it to the spring game but I am excited to become a season ticket holder for the first time as I am moving from Washington D. C. To Portland at the end of April!!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gofightingducks wrote:Not going to make it to the spring game but I am excited to become a season ticket holder for the first time as I am moving from Washington D. C. To Portland at the end of April!!!
Grats! Work? School?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Why do we always do the spring game during NFL draft weekend?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Why do we always do the spring game during NFL draft weekend?
Thankfully, Saturday is now usually rounds 4-7...so not as hard to miss.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:Not going to make it to the spring game but I am excited to become a season ticket holder for the first time as I am moving from Washington D. C. To Portland at the end of April!!!
Grats! Work? School?
Thank you! The wife finished grad school and got a great job offer in Portland!
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

That's so cool! Are you a duck alum?