Charles Nelson Question, NOT based on fact

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mdm0302
Freshman

Re: Charles Nelson Question, NOT based on fact

Post by mdm0302 »

Duck07 wrote:
fpsduck wrote:So who returns punts this year, Nelson or Addison?
I think once we have a guy return them for TDs, he becomes less effective as teams stay away from them. Seems a good spot to put a young guy who has worked his tail off to get a chance to stand out. Addison is too important at WR imo to use as a returner, especially with the young talent.
there are so many guys on this roster next year who have an elite ability to make plays that it would be stupid to use one of our best recievers. Its gonna be between nelson, james, and the two griffins
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'd consider Addison for punt returns. Yeah, it's a risk, but I can't think of a guy who'd produce better results. Having a good return guy is HUGE... it's a luxury we didn't really enjoy this past season.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:I'd consider Addison for punt returns. Yeah, it's a risk, but I can't think of a guy who'd produce better results. Having a good return guy is HUGE... it's a luxury we didn't really enjoy this past season.
What? Nelson did great. 15.5 YPR and 2 TDs (Addison was 13.3 YPR and 2 TDs the year before).

It'd be nice if we could get the kick return game going, sure, but we were great last year on punt returns. Heck even Loyd almost broke a couple.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:I'd consider Addison for punt returns. Yeah, it's a risk, but I can't think of a guy who'd produce better results. Having a good return guy is HUGE... it's a luxury we didn't really enjoy this past season.
What? Nelson did great. 15.5 YPR and 2 TDs (Addison was 13.3 YPR and 2 TDs the year before).

It'd be nice if we could get the kick return game going, sure, but we were great last year on punt returns. Heck even Loyd almost broke a couple.

True, but Nelson had trouble catching the ball. He fumbled at least 2-3 times before being replaced by Lloyd. I'd hate to see Addison return kicks because I'd hate to see him get hurt again - especially early in the season while Allen is recovering from the knee injury and Carrington is suspended.
John 3:36
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SuperDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

True, but Nelson had trouble catching the ball. He fumbled at least 2-3 times before being replaced by Lloyd. I'd hate to see Addison return kicks because I'd hate to see him get hurt again - especially early in the season while Allen is recovering from the knee injury and Carrington is suspended.
Stats claim Nelson only fumbled once, and he even recovered it:
http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... r-game-log

He was a little risky back there, but he produces and technically he never made a costly mistake. The year before, Addison actually fumbled twice, and lost one of them against OSU in a close civil war game. So statistically, Nelson was more effective and less prone to mistakes.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Barner, Chung, Cliff Harris, Anyone else who returned punts in '05 and '06........our punt returners always tend to have the dropsies.
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

The Million-Dollar Question is how is the young man going to have time with everything on his plate? Think about it...we're asking him to switch sides of the ball in ADDITION to his schoolwork and his regular duties on The Match Game, Hollywood Sqares and The $10,000 Pyramid...I simply don't think Charles has enough time in his day...
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Barner, Chung, Cliff Harris, Anyone else who returned punts in '05 and '06........our punt returners always tend to have the dropsies.
I keep having flashbacks of justin phinessee vs. Indiana.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Chung was so awful @ returning punts...he always seemed to try to catch it like a pass.