2015 Projected Depth Chart (v. 1.2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

fpsduck
Senior

Re: 2015 Projected Depth Chart (v. 1)

Post by fpsduck »

Duck07 wrote:
fpsduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I always like using ChileDuck's depth chart, especially as a visual aid. You can see how we might transition some guys on defense if we switch to a base 43.

http://web.nmsu.edu/~ogden/oregon/depthchart.html

Why does he have Ty Griffin listed as ineligible?
I didn't notice that. He's also got Carrington listed so the only 2 things I can think of are he forget to update his profile completely or he knows about a suspension that we haven't heard about. I'll go with the former.

I'll assume the same, seeing as he also has Ragin as redshirting in 2014.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

I think your pretty on target with the exception of OLine. I think that this will be an area of strength for us and likely much better than anticipated. DLINE also may surprise a few. DT's should be stronger and DE could be an upgrade with Jelks, dBuck and Canton. What's troublesome is how Coleman is still starting. He provides almost no pass rush, gets rolled by OLineman easy and the only thing he appears to be OK at playing is the flat in zone. How is it that Prevot or any of the others can't beat him out. OSU pounded his side all game...please somebody beat him out....

Also would be awesome if Griffin & Nelson make the switch. Sounds like they're moving to james and one of the studs we just picked up for the slot to back up marshal.
lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by lawduck »

Duck07 wrote:
fpsduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I always like using ChileDuck's depth chart, especially as a visual aid. You can see how we might transition some guys on defense if we switch to a base 43.

http://web.nmsu.edu/~ogden/oregon/depthchart.html

Why does he have Ty Griffin listed as ineligible?
I didn't notice that. He's also got Carrington listed so the only 2 things I can think of are he forget to update his profile completely or he knows about a suspension that we haven't heard about. I'll go with the former.
Doesn't Carrington's suspension extend for 3 or 4 more games?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ 5 more
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

Just curious because I see no Matt Mariota on the list nor do I see any of the other walk-ons and preferred walk-ons: do walk-ons of either type sign a letter of intent or is that just for scholarship athletes?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Weston wrote:Just curious because I see no Matt Mariota on the list nor do I see any of the other walk-ons and preferred walk-ons: do walk-ons of either type sign a letter of intent or is that just for scholarship athletes?
They sign something but it's not like a national program like the National Letter of Intent is. It's more of an agreement between the athlete and program that they have a guaranteed spot on the team once they gain admission into the school.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Helf was asked about Matt and said he can't comment on walk-ons yet, so they won't have a profile or anything for a while.
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

greenyellow wrote:
Weston wrote:Just curious because I see no Matt Mariota on the list nor do I see any of the other walk-ons and preferred walk-ons: do walk-ons of either type sign a letter of intent or is that just for scholarship athletes?
They sign something but it's not like a national program like the National Letter of Intent is. It's more of an agreement between the athlete and program that they have a guaranteed spot on the team once they gain admission into the school.
Thanks for the response, greenyellow.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

If Tyner's healthy, I'm pretty confident he'll be our starting RB next year. That's no knock on Freeman, but there was little question who the better back was in the RB & NC. I'm assuming Tony James will be moved to Slot/WR, not RB, which means if Griffin gets healthy, we might see him as the change of pace guy (if we really need one?).

I imagine a freshman or two will see significant time next year on the OL. My biggest concern is the condition of Johnstone's knee. He's torn the ACL twice. Don't want this to be a Costa situation where it just feels like a matter of time....
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

whosyourwally wrote:If Tyner's healthy, I'm pretty confident he'll be our starting RB next year. That's no knock on Freeman, but there was little question who the better back was in the RB & NC. I'm assuming Tony James will be moved to Slot/WR, not RB, which means if Griffin gets healthy, we might see him as the change of pace guy (if we really need one?).

I imagine a freshman or two will see significant time next year on the OL. My biggest concern is the condition of Johnstone's knee. He's torn the ACL twice. Don't want this to be a Costa situation where it just feels like a matter of time....
Coaches have been Comparing Tony to LaMike so I would guess that they wouldn't move him to Slot WR.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

whosyourwally wrote:If Tyner's healthy, I'm pretty confident he'll be our starting RB next year. That's no knock on Freeman, but there was little question who the better back was in the RB & NC. I'm assuming Tony James will be moved to Slot/WR, not RB, which means if Griffin gets healthy, we might see him as the change of pace guy (if we really need one?).

Tyner was much stronger off the bench. As a starter he wasn't near as effective.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Can't judge a player based on two games. Freeman was the most consistent runner last year and I expect that will be the case next year. Tyner will have breakout games, but we cannot have awful outings from our starting RB next year. Our QB won't bail us out.

You might say that Freeman had awful outings against FSU and OSU, but his power game was not a good matchup against the physical DL's that we faced. Regardless, Freeman was reliable all year. I have a hard time seeing TT as the starting back next year.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Freeman will have had another 9 months beefing up with Rad, as will Tyner. This could be interesting.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

There is no reason for either Freeman or Tyner to beef up any more. In particular, Freeman should be focusing on speed and agility work rather than adding more weight. Part of Tyner's problem to begin last season was he was too heavy and not in the greatest shape, which limited his already average elusiveness and made him a very easy target to tackle.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I honestly think Freeman had some sort of tweak. He just looked off.