Vernon Adams to decide Monday

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

srduck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Vernon Adams to decide Monday

Post by srduck »

Urban Meyer would sell his mother to win and he WOULD go to Northern Iowa to get his next guy if it meant he would win. Baldwin is making himself look really stupid and to say the ducks did this because they were unprepared for Mariota's departure, well it sounds like Baldwin is/was pretty unprepared for Adams departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Pretty neat we get to play Baldwin and EWU on opening day. Let's not let up on the gas.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Pretty neat we get to play Baldwin and EWU on opening day. Let's not let up on the gas.
We're gonna need to score a lot of points. Our secondary is talented, but very young, so i they can find a decent replacement for Adams they may put up some numbers. I'm shocked at how EWU put up 49 on the Beavers and 52 on a UW defense that had 3 starters that will likely go in the 1st round of the NFL Draft, Shelton, Peters and Thompson.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Pac-12 coach that said Vernon Adams would immediately be the best QB in the conference if he came to Oregon was Chris Petersen, considering the fact that they played them and Mike Riley had already left Oregon State. Of course, it may have been Jim Mora, too.

We may need to do a role reversal in this game and do the ground and pound offense to wear them down and keep their offense off the field.
John 3:36
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

Just another reminder of why Oregon should be thankful to have a guy like Helfrich at the helm. I mean seriously, who here could EVER imagine Helf saying a bitter, snide remark like that?
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Baldwin is on 1080 the fan right now and he is actually really complimentary of Oregon. Called us easily the best program in the PAC 12 and an "amazing program."

And if you actually hear the audio and what he said before the Urban Meyer comment, it was just banter. He was just trying to be funny.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

I think most of you are offended because secretly we all feel inferior to the Urbans and Sabans of the world, and will until we win a title. He definitely struck a nerve by basically saying the guy who just kicked our butt in the title game is a better recruiter than Helf. Even if he was joking.

As for "running up the score." Vernon is not going to have much time at all to learn the system and Eastern has been an FCS power and we lost a ton in the secondary. We could actually be in for a competitive game.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I don't think most guys here are 'offended' at all. Coach Baldwin's remarks were childish and lacking in a certain grace that normally leaders would exhibit in that situation. As I said in the other thread, I think he is now realizing that those remarks are coming back to bite him. It's never a good thing to make enemies with programs that could potentially send players your way, or schedule you for a big payout game. It also isn't a very good message to send recruits: "Come to our school, and if you work hard for four years, we will throw you under the bus in year five if you get an opportunity to better yourself. Oh, and we won't let you work out with the team either, even though you fulfilled your end and put butts in the seats this year on into the playoffs". He may be a good coach, but he has a lot to learn in the PR game.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

we all feel inferior
:roll:

I don't know about you, but I couldn't feel any better/badder/prouder about being an OREGON DUCK.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

DAT_man_again wrote:Baldwin is on 1080 the fan right now and he is actually really complimentary of Oregon. Called us easily the best program in the PAC 12 and an "amazing program."

And if you actually hear the audio and what he said before the Urban Meyer comment, it was just banter. He was just trying to be funny.
Good to know. I didn't get a chance to listen to the actual interview, so if this is true, I take back my prior post :)
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I listened to that interview with Isaac and Suke. Baldwin was doing some serious backtracking and whenever he talked about his previous comments he would say something along the lines of "those comments were really just sort of fun banter" then quickly steer the conversation elsewhere. He obviously realizes how bad those comments made him look and rather than just admitting it and apologizing he came on a Portland radio, complimented the Ducks a bunch and acted like he was just making mad jokes when really he was taking some serious digs at Oregon that the local yokels on that Spokane radio station ate right up. He acted just like what he is, a small time FCS coach up in Spokane. He's a good coach so I hope for his sake that he learns how to conduct himself before he gets a D-1 gig. So far he's handled this thing about as poorly as possible so far and only hurt himself and his program.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Even husky fans were putting him down today. You know it's bad when UW radio host and fans stick up for Oregon.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Even husky fans were putting him down today. You know it's bad when UW radio host and fans stick up for Oregon.
Oh man, Seattle radio! They still believe Locker is going to lead them to a Rose Bowl next season.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Somebody clearly got spanked in an Athletic Department meeting. Possibly someone reminded coach Baldwin that they have prospered from the transferring of FBS athletes and would like to continue doing so. In Spokane, he mocks Oregon needing to take a lowly FCS player to be their quarterback, but in Portland, he calls Oregon 'strong, powerful, amazing'. He simpers and smirks and makes love to us all. :lol:
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Pathetic, in a humorous sort of way...

Of course, the AD set the original tone with his own sour grapes attitude.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

pezsez1 wrote:
we all feel inferior
:roll:

I don't know about you, but I couldn't feel any better/badder/prouder about being an OREGON DUCK.

There is nothing I would rather be than a student of the school and a fan of this team. But the fact of the matter is we haven't won the big one and so it is pretty normal to think (even on a subconscious level) that urban is a better recruiter. I think the biggest fear I have is that yeah we can dominate the pac 12. And even beat programs like FSU and USC and Wisconsin. But when it comes to the games with the best of the best we have been physically dominated on more than one occasion. So do we really have the best players? I think we do, but it's a legit fear. So that kind of plays into the fear of Urban being a better recruiter.