Predictions for 2015

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bb3065
Two Star Recruit

Predictions for 2015

Post by bb3065 »

Projecting that Vernon Adams will be our starting QB, how do you see this year going? I'm going to say 12-1 and another playoff birth!
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Predictions for 2015

Post by karlhungis »

I'm guessing we lose 2 games.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

I predict losing 3, ending up in the Alamo Bowl. Everyone is high on Adams but watching him, I'm not sold on his fit for Oregon. We'll lose to USC, ASU, and maybe UW or, how this hurts, OSU. I'll wager 9-3 before bowling.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

bb3065 wrote:Projecting that Vernon Adams will be our starting QB, how do you see this year going? I'm going to say 12-1 and another playoff birth!

I hope you're right as I love pleasant surprises.

I think our offense will be very good and they'll need to be as I think there will be 6 games that they'll need to score 30-50 points to win.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Why is it that every year I see some fans predict we will lose to uw? UW sucks, I won't be shocked to see them win 5 games this year. I'm going with 11-2, loses to MSU and lose regular season to sc but beat them in the title game. Win our third rose bowl since 2011.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

I just hope we can win the Spring Game without VA.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

fpsduck wrote:I just hope we can win the Spring Game without VA.
:D
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

lose to sc in regular season beat em in pac 12 title game. win 2 playoff games :D
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

my prediction is that this serves no useful purpose. I am betting that no one after the Thursday night loss to Az predicted the ducks to the NCG so while this is fun it is also useless. At the beginning of last year most all the pundits said the NCG would be Alabama and FSU and Herbstreit predicted UCLA to win the P12 and also picked Hundley to win the Heisman. Oh and Oregon would not solve their "Stanford problem" and UW would be a real force in the P12 north. How did all that workout?????
MM in Cali
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Two losses, bubble playoffs/BCS bowl.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Tough road schedule next year. I'm predicting 2 loses.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

2 maybe 3 loses
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

buckmarkduck wrote:Why is it that every year I see some fans predict we will lose to uw? UW sucks, I won't be shocked to see them win 5 games this year. I'm going with 11-2, loses to MSU and lose regular season to sc but beat them in the title game. Win our third rose bowl since 2011.
No idea... but they hold zero credibility in my eyes.

As far as prediction goes... Oregon should win the Pac12 with a shot at the playoffs. With or without Adams starting at QB.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I predict more of the same.

We lost Marcus, Ifo and Armstead, all of which are big losses.

That said, the coming of Adams pretty much guarantees talent at the QB spot, and we'll have even more weapons this year with new faces like James and Merritt. Barring another injury bug, this team should be able to gel more effectively than last year's team, which really was challenged by injuries (both early and during the home stretch of the year). The O-line may be missing some veterans, but, again, should be able to gel much better with less freakish injuries.

The big improvement may be on defense. Those two JUCO linebackers will help a ton, and Nelson moving to CB (if true) would be a game-changer. I don't think the DL will take a step back, either.

I see an Oregon team with a better defense and an offense versatile enough to be unstoppable against anything but elite defenses.

I predict a big win on the road against MSU, then one loss during the regular season (because it always happens), then hold onto your butts in the CFP!!!

Also, I'll believe the USC hype when I see it. No. 3 in the nation? Come on, ESPN.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Two or three losses. But I predicted that last year and look where we ended up. Getting Adams was a god send. Big question will be defense.
Will be young in the secondary and the linebackers play needs to improve. DL depth is good though and experienced. The hard part is staying healthy.
If we can do all these things we should contend for a league title. I will never believe USC hype as long as Sark is coach. But Kessler is a damn good QB.