Pharaoh Brown article

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Pharaoh Brown article

Post by maxduck »

Came close to losing his leg!

EUGENE -- Not quite four months have passed since Pharaoh Brown was cut out of his uniform and pads on a hospital bed by doctors who were only hours from taking his lower right leg, too.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... _once.html
Duck07
All-American

Re: Pharaoh Brown article

Post by Duck07 »

Damn. So glad he's been able to heal from this so quickly. I'm kind of hoping he takes a Red-shirt year to fully strengthen up but who knows. Some people really do heal faster than others.

He would have been the first TE drafted this year had he not been injured.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So glad they were able to repair the damage and not amputate the leg. He's incredibly lucky.

Also, from the article and sources over on DT, it sounds like Allen is going to be out awhile, maybe even miss a few games, with his injury. His injury definitely didn't look good in the Rose Bowl so I always assumed it was some type of ligament tear, but when he said it wasn't as serious as Ifo's, it seemed it was fairly minor.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I hadn't even realized that amputation was being seriously considered. Thanks for sharing, glad to see how well he's doing.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I hadn't even realized that amputation was being seriously considered. Thanks for sharing, glad to see how well he's doing.
There were rumors that he had torn the popliteal artery shortly after the injury so this article sort of confirms some type of injury to that artery since they had to cut behind the calf to fix it, which is where part of the artery goes.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Amazing story! I hope he redshirts and comes back when he is completely ready.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yeah, I can't imagine he's going to play in 2015 unless I see something very concrete and authoritative to the contrary.