cordy02c
Senior

Andre Y not returning

Post by cordy02c »

He is not returning next year. Oregon has confirmed this
greenyellow

Andre Y leaving

Post by greenyellow »

Rob Moseley has tweeted out that Andre Y is not returning to the team for personal reasons. He's focusing on getting his body healthy and graduating. Sucks to see that him and Tyler Johnstone won't be teammates anymore but best of luck to him.
thomas time
Senior

Re: Andre Y leaving

Post by thomas time »

not good for ducks
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I'm going to miss him, best wishes for him thought. Great follow on twitter hope it stays the same.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Woah...didn't expect this at all.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

I had heard he was considering this in October or early November. Figured it wasn't going to happen because he came back to play down the stretch, but unfortunately it was true.
UofDuck
Senior

Re: Andre Y not returning

Post by UofDuck »

Bummer
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

He doesn't feel like he has a future at the next level so he wants to focus on life after football. Not good for the team but I know Andre put a lot of thought into his decision and wish him well. Very nice dude, just maybe not into football the way a lot of guys on the team are. It's gotta be hard to subject yourself to the physical beatings every week when your heart isn't in it.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

A guy with a ton of promise who had a difficult time staying healthy (and gaining weight). He made a lot of progress this season and I thought he was poised for a breakout year as a senior. I don't begrudge him for retiring - football is a very physically demanding sport and to be able to walk away without any serious longterm injuries should be looked at as a major positive.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Him and Johnstone seem so tight, figured they'd finish together, but hey best of luck to Andre Y with school and life. Bummer news.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I don't think he ever reached his potential. He was well liked, but dealt with desire and health issues.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Watching his HS film had me feeling like he do amazing things while at Oregon. He looked nasty. Too bad for him it didn't quite pan out that way. I really like the kid and hope he made the right decision for his own sake. Good luck Y!!
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

he is not LEAVING. He is retiring from football and will finish his degree at UO. He, as stated above, knows that he will not move on to the next level and has made a life decision. Good for him. He will be a great ambassador for the program.
MM in Cali