Kiko to Eagles

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Kiko to Eagles

Post by squintsdd »

With lots of cap space they could make a strong push for DeMarco Murray, but their are several other backs that they could afford that would easily fit CK's system. Forsett, Bush, a healthy Spiller, Ryan Matthews, Ray Rice is on the ultra cheap right now.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Heck, even Polk if he can get/stay healthy, would be a vast improvement over McCoy in certain categories. TD's, Yards after contact, pass blocking, and fewer negative plays. McCoy is great if you can get him to the second level, but he was bad at making the most of plays where the O-Line doesn't get a clear win at the point of attack.

So if Kiko returns to form and they sign a top free agent DB back with the savings from McCoy's salary they will have filled two gaping holes for the team with this trade, and my bet is Kelly will end up replacing most of McCoy's production at RB a fraction of the cost. The system is RB friendly.

This trade strikes me as potentially a huge win for the Eagles.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

Don't think CK will
Go after LMJ. I would be surprised to see LMJ play in the NFL again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Heck, even Polk if he can get/stay healthy, would be a vast improvement over McCoy in certain categories. TD's, Yards after contact, pass blocking, and fewer negative plays. McCoy is great if you can get him to the second level, but he was bad at making the most of plays where the O-Line doesn't get a clear win at the point of attack.

So if Kiko returns to form and they sign a top free agent DB back with the savings from McCoy's salary they will have filled two gaping holes for the team with this trade, and my bet is Kelly will end up replacing most of McCoy's production at RB a fraction of the cost. The system is RB friendly.

Polk turned into the goal line and short yardage mid season so along with the cap space, there is also a pretty decent rb class this year so why not save money and get a young defensive stud at a position of need.

A healthy kiko is going to love playing behind that dl and alongside kendricks. I think they should go after mccourty harder than Maxwell but they could get both as they've got the space. I thought they would have used shady to move up in the draft but by getting an lib, it does fill a hole that doesn't need to be drafted. At this point, I'll be mildly upset if he doesn't get Marcus now.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

srduck wrote:Don't think CK will
Go after LMJ. I would be surprised to see LMJ play in the NFL again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yea if anyone would give him a chance it would be CK. Gotta believe if chip was so interested in barner then he would be interested in LaMike as well.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Duck07 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Heck, even Polk if he can get/stay healthy, would be a vast improvement over McCoy in certain categories. TD's, Yards after contact, pass blocking, and fewer negative plays. McCoy is great if you can get him to the second level, but he was bad at making the most of plays where the O-Line doesn't get a clear win at the point of attack.

Polk turned into the goal line and short yardage mid season so along with the cap space, there is also a pretty decent rb class this year so why not save money and get a young defensive stud at a position of need.

A healthy kiko is going to love playing behind that dl and alongside kendricks. I think they should go after mccourty harder than Maxwell but they could get both as they've got the space. I thought they would have used shady to move up in the draft but by getting an lib, it does fill a hole that doesn't need to be drafted. At this point, I'll be mildly upset if he doesn't get Marcus now.
I think Kiko will miss playing behind the better DLine in Buffalo.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ncduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

I think Kiko will miss playing behind the better DLine in Buffalo.
While true, the Eagles actually have a decent D-Line.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I love this trade, and I love it even more because Chip also is basically thumbing his nose at the Philly fans and media who think he already has too many ducks. Kiko is one of the best Oregon players in the NFL if he can heal up, and the Eagles needed a good LB anyway. The difference in cap between the two players makes this an outstanding trade from a value perspective.

The more I think about it, I conclude that the hype about Chip going after Marcus has to be some kind of smokescreen. maybe he is trying to help Marcus get drafted higher. It just doesn't seem like Chip would telegraph his move like the media is reporting.
iosa
High School Drop Out

Post by iosa »

I like this move. That defense needs talent and I trust Chip to get a similar production out of the future backfield.
ImageImage
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Phalanx wrote:
The more I think about it, I conclude that the hype about Chip going after Marcus has to be some kind of smokescreen. maybe he is trying to help Marcus get drafted higher. It just doesn't seem like Chip would telegraph his move like the media is reporting.
I think that Philly would have to give up more than any other team just because of the public perception that they are so enamored with Marcus. Even if Chip did want Marcus, I feel like the team trading down would try and bully the Eagles, fair or not.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

I'm not so sure that they have much left to trade to get up high enough to get Mariota. Ck has proved that the offense he runs can be done with the least mobile of QBs, and there are plenty of decent running backs in free agency that can be found for cheap. The Eagles lost last year because of their defense and that terrible secondary. I expect most of the cap space to be used to fill the defensive holes with better talent.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

squintsdd wrote:I'm not so sure that they have much left to trade to get up high enough to get Mariota. Ck has proved that the offense he runs can be done with the least mobile of QBs, and there are plenty of decent running backs in free agency that can be found for cheap. The Eagles lost last year because of their defense and that terrible secondary. I expect most of the cap space to be used to fill the defensive holes with better talent.
Exactly, they will be targeting Bryon Maxwell, Suh and Mccourty
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
squintsdd wrote:I'm not so sure that they have much left to trade to get up high enough to get Mariota. Ck has proved that the offense he runs can be done with the least mobile of QBs, and there are plenty of decent running backs in free agency that can be found for cheap. The Eagles lost last year because of their defense and that terrible secondary. I expect most of the cap space to be used to fill the defensive holes with better talent.
Exactly, they will be targeting Bryon Maxwell, Suh and Mccourty
Suh would be a terrible fit in Philly and id be weary of Maxwell, dude knew he was in a contract year and showed up to camp out of shape.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think Maxwell is going to get overpaid just because he was on a good team. I would rather spend a little more and deal with Revis. At least you know what you're going to get on the field.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Do you think Chip is going to go after Ifo?