Sam Bradford To Eagles For Nick Foles (Goodbye Marcus)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Sam Bradford To Eagles For Nick Foles (Goodbye Marcus)

Post by SuperDuck »

ESPN says it's a done deal. It's supposed to be Bradford to the Eagles for Foles and a 2nd round pick to the Rams. I'm stunned, honestly. Bradford is a good passer, but he's not mobile at all. Is Chip changing the offense?

I'm also very curious what Philly is going to do for quality skill position players. Maclin, McCoy and Frank Gore are all out of the picture. Chip must plan to build through the draft.
John 3:36
fpsduck
Senior

Re: Sam Bradford To Eagles For Nick Foles (Goodbye Marcus)

Post by fpsduck »

Hmmm...my only question is; are the Rams still in play for Marcus?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

4.79 40 yard dash beats 4.88 (Sanchez) or 5.14 (Foles).

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bb3065
Two Star Recruit

Post by bb3065 »

As a Life long Rams fan, I am STOKED about this. Foles is a big upgrade over Bradford. I'm not sure what Chip is doing...
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

bb3065 wrote:As a Life long Rams fan, I am STOKED about this. Foles is a big upgrade over Bradford. I'm not sure what Chip is doing...
Does Chip pull off one more big one and trade Bradford at some point??????
MM in Cali
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:4.79 40 yard dash beats 4.88 (Sanchez) or 5.14 (Foles).
Bradford is so fragile and injury prone I don't see him running much, or at all. Eagles OC Pat Shurmer was the OC for the Rams when Bradford was younger, so I'm sure he'll have an idea of what to do with him.

Still, I have to wonder what Philly plans to do for skill players. The Frank Gore deal falling through had to hurt. There's a lot of depth at running back in free agency, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chip take 2 RB's and possibly 2 WR's. That is, if they can't get a decent WR in free agency.

Interesting...
John 3:36
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Chip wouldn't make a move like this unless he has a bigger plan in mind. At least, I don't think he would.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Philly still needs some more help in the secondary so they'll likely shore that up through the draft with the FA class being real weak. With Bradford coming in, I think this means they weren't finding good trading partners without sacrificing too much in the future. I don't see them matching their record from last year with how much uncertainty there is in their secondary and their offensive skill players now. Think this may be a transition year for them where they struggle to get to .500 before making more wholesale changes next off-season to get them where Chip wants them to be. Bradford is in the final year of his contract so this move is easily washable should Bradford not pan out.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

bb3065 wrote:As a Life long Rams fan, I am STOKED about this. Foles is a big upgrade over Bradford. I'm not sure what Chip is doing...
No way. Foles was very bad last year. Bradford has been injury prone which is a big concern, but Foles is absolutely not an upgrade.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:
No way. Foles was very bad last year. Bradford has been injury prone which is a big concern, but Foles is absolutely not an upgrade.
Depending on how the Rams' line is, Foles may be decent. He looked horrid last year because Philly's OL was ravaged by injury and were starting undrafted FAs for much of the season, which meant Foles was running for his life much of the season before his broken collarbone.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

It's an interesting move, but with the resigning of Sanchez they could be looking at sitting Bradford for a while until they can evaluate how healthy his knees are, or trading him on draft day. Either way, It doesn't really appear that Chip plans on him being the opening day starter. I'm more curious what they'll be doing for a running back, since the offense runs more around the running game than most people realize. I would love to see them grab Bush and utilize him the same way he was used at USC.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

squintsdd wrote:It's an interesting move, but with the resigning of Sanchez they could be looking at sitting Bradford for a while until they can evaluate how healthy his knees are, or trading him on draft day. Either way, It doesn't really appear that Chip plans on him being the opening day starter. I'm more curious what they'll be doing for a running back, since the offense runs more around the running game than most people realize. I would love to see them grab Bush and utilize him the same way he was used at USC.
Hard to figure out which way they are leaning in addressing the starting RB. With their initial intention of signing Gore, it signaled they wanted a straight-ahead runner instead of McCoy's dancing in the backfield style that yield big plays but also a lot of negative ones. There are definitely some good,`serviceable RBs available, I'm just not sure if he'll sign one or two of those or via the draft.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Not sure of Chips direction. Making some interesting moves. Now if they don't work he
has the comfort knowing that he would be a hot comodity in the college game.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Bradford is a much more talented QB than Foles. I don't see why he couldn't be just as productive IF he stays healthy. I think Chip has made some really good moves this season.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I think there may be something bigger behind this. A larger plan. Very interesting moves by Chip. I hope it all works out