Sam Bradford To Eagles For Nick Foles (Goodbye Marcus)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Re: Sam Bradford To Eagles For Nick Foles (Goodbye Marcus)

Post by thomas time »

Marcus to Jets might not be as bad as a month ago, got Revis back and added Brandon Marshall
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

thomas time wrote:Marcus to Jets might not be as bad as a month ago, got Revis back and added Brandon Marshall
John Clayton was on the radio this morning, and he said no way with the Redskins pass on Mariota. If he gets to 5, he will be a redskin.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

buckmarkduck wrote:
thomas time wrote:Marcus to Jets might not be as bad as a month ago, got Revis back and added Brandon Marshall
John Clayton was on the radio this morning, and he said no way with the Redskins pass on Mariota. If he gets to 5, he will be a redskin.
Ah s***. He'd almost stand a better chance in Oakland.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

squintsdd wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Ah s***. He'd almost stand a better chance in Oakland.
It's probably just a ploy to make Chip give up a lot of resources to trade up.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phenom wrote:Foles looked terribad last year...worse than Sanchez. I am not a huge fan of this trade, but I can see why Chip did it. he doesn't want something safe that might compete for a playoff spot, he wants to win the NFC East and beyond. That's why he's making these moves.
Look at Philly's OL the 2013 season vs the 2014 season and you'll see why such a difference in performance. In 2013 they started the same guys every game. Last year, they had a revolving door at all OL positions.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck24 wrote:
Phenom wrote:Foles looked terribad last year...worse than Sanchez. I am not a huge fan of this trade, but I can see why Chip did it. he doesn't want something safe that might compete for a playoff spot, he wants to win the NFC East and beyond. That's why he's making these moves.
Look at Philly's OL the 2013 season vs the 2014 season and you'll see why such a difference in performance. In 2013 they started the same guys every game. Last year, they had a revolving door at all OL positions.

Any decent qb can look great behind a great OL. Foles isn't great, but it's funny how the media is suddenly trying to spin it that way and saying Chip is crazy. To me, Foles is closer to guys like Flynn, Castle and others who have had one great season. He isn't a guy you can build around, he needs studs all around him to look good.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:

Any decent qb can look great behind a great OL. Foles isn't great, but it's funny how the media is suddenly trying to spin it that way and saying Chip is crazy. To me, Foles is closer to guys like Flynn, Castle and others who have had one great season. He isn't a guy you can build around, he needs studs all around him to look good.
Interesting. If any fanbase knows how much of a difference a healthy OL can make on overall offensive performance...I would think it would be Oregon. Foles wasn't some terrible college QB who came out of nowhere and didn't accidentally have one of the most proficient passing seasons in NFL history on accident. Having a healthy cohesive OL definitely helped his growth much the same way it hurt him this past season when the OL was banged up.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'd argue Wilson had one of the worst pass blocking OL last year, and he still found a way to win. That's the difference between a great starting qb, and a qb who's just fringe starter.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:I'd argue Wilson had one of the worst pass blocking OL last year, and he still found a way to win. That's the difference between a great starting qb, and a qb who's just fringe starter.
Or Russell Wilson is a mobile/agile QB whereas Foles isn't. Wilson ran a 4.55 to Foles 5.14. Wilson was statistically one of the more poor passing QB's this year as well. His shortfalls were offset by the power run game that controlled the clock and a top tier defense.

Edit: I'm not saying Wilson is a bad QB by any stretch of the imagination with that comment. He had zero talent around him at WR/TE last year. I'm just saying comparing Foles and Wilson makes no sense when talking about performance behind a bad OL
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Jeffrey Green
Talk already circulating here in Nashville that Bradford was acquired to package with draft picks for the #2 pick overall. I'm not sure who Jeffrey is but I found it when I was looking at a mock draft.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

thomas time wrote:Jeffrey Green
Talk already circulating here in Nashville that Bradford was acquired to package with draft picks for the #2 pick overall. I'm not sure who Jeffrey is but I found it when I was looking at a mock draft.
Just after helping them acquire Murray to shady for me, no FA would ever want to play for Chip after that.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Just after helping them acquire Murray to shady for me, no FA would ever want to play for Chip after that.
Seriously? Bradford gets acquired as a trade piece, but because he recruited a free agent, that makes going through with the trade he was acquired for too shady? Was Chip supposed to tell Murray about the secret trade or something?

I have no idea if this rumor has any reality behind it, but I really think we need to get some perspective here. If Chip wants Marcus, it is not evil to trade around to get the right package that would be acceptable to whatever team he is trying to wrest a pick away from.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
He's gutted the most popular skill position players on the team since he's taken over. If FA's were afraid after seeing other guys get traded/released, they would have never talked to Philly in the first place because that writing was already on the wall for everyone to see.

Further, I'm left with the feeling that the only way Bradford gets traded is for the right to select Marcus (ie, Tampa takes Winston, then Philly makes the trade with Tennessee, not to #6 and needing to move up again). Marcus is probably the one QB the Eagles could select that would leave all the current players on the roster excited, even knowing he's going to be a rookie.

I also noticed that while everyone else called Marcus' Pro Day "Sub-par/average etc," the Titans thought he looked excellent in the workout, because they seem to feel that its obvious Tampa takes Winston meaning they can go for a haul of picks in Marcus if they drive their apparent interest in him up higher. I just hope he doesn't trade Evan Mathis away as I've heard rumored.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ESPN's Josina Anderson passes along buzz from the Pro Day circuit that "some coaches" around the league are "not convinced" the Eagles will keep Sam Bradford.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:ESPN's Josina Anderson passes along buzz from the Pro Day circuit that "some coaches" around the league are "not convinced" the Eagles will keep Sam Bradford.
I hope so. We need more CKs in the league to make the offseason/draft more interesting. :lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13