Bielema at it again

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Bielema at it again

Post by greenyellow »

Brett Bielema is once again going on a crusade against up-tempo offenses by this time using the retirement of Chris Borland to help his case. He's now saying Borland quit partially because of how many plays he'd have to subject his body to with more teams running uptempo offenses. Basically he's saying the slow, plodding style that he employs is the safest way for football to be played. What a self-serving, arrogant a-hole.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... oncussions
fpsduck
Senior

Re: Bielema at it again

Post by fpsduck »

Bielema is such a clown.

Borland played in the B1G where only a couple teams play up tempo offense. I guess Oregon is to blame from when they played Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. Or maybe it's all of those pro-style offenses he faced in the NFL...
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Quickly becoming my least liked person in CFB.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Since his position is fewer plays equate to fewer chances for injury, if "We have an obligation to do whats right" then he suggests we eliminate football. Zero plays equals zero chance of injury.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

He has surpassed Kniffen, Saban and Meyer for my least favorite coach. He is such a huge tool.
Saban will be along soon to defend his buddy im sure.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Brett Bielema is once again going on a crusade against up-tempo offenses by this time using the retirement of Chris Borland to help his case. He's now saying Borland quit partially because of how many plays he'd have to subject his body to with more teams running uptempo offenses. Basically he's saying the slow, plodding style that he employs is the safest way for football to be played. What a self-serving, arrogant a-hole.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... oncussions
Makes perfect sense and frankly I can't think of a better person than Bielema to come to Borland's defense. Bret was his coach at Wisconsin until he left abruptly to take the pig job before Borland's final year. Obviously since Bret hasn't been able to coach him these last two years, its no wonder Borland is starting to regain his cognitive functions again!