Moseley Spring Practice Primer

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Moseley Spring Practice Primer

Post by greenyellow »

Moseley has posted a spring practice primer just before the Ducks start practice tomorrow. Here's the main highlights:
- Travis Waller will now be using his mother's maiden name and will be referred to as Travis Jonsen from now on
- Numbers for freshmen on hand: 14 Ugo Amadi, 5 Taj Griffin, 11 Travis Jonsen (nee Waller), 99 Canton Kaumatule, 4 Alex Ofodile, 75 Zach Okun.
- New digits for vets: 2 Bralon Addison, 13 Devon Allen, 29 Kani Benoit, 7 Darren Carrington, 10 Ty Griffin, 28 Johnny Ragin, 3 Tyree Robinson

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =209992292
fpsduck
Senior

Re: Moseley Spring Practice Primer

Post by fpsduck »

Just about the time I get everyone's number figured out they go and change them. :?
vagusnerve
Freshman

Post by vagusnerve »

I'd say the biggest hilite is that Nelson is now at DB
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

fpsduck wrote:Just about the time I get everyone's number figured out they go and change them. :?
Seriously... Devon Allen already changed his number before, also.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
fpsduck wrote:Just about the time I get everyone's number figured out they go and change them. :?
He only changed due to him and Troy Hill playing STs together and with Hill no longer here, Allen is now the player with the most seniority to wear it and likely won't have to change again should someone else on defense wear it.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
He only changed due to him and Troy Hill playing STs together and with Hill no longer here, Allen is now the player with the most seniority to wear it and likely won't have to change again should someone else on defense wear it.

13 is a good number for a 110 hurdler. though 12 would be even better.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Sounds like both Charles and Amadi have been very impressive so far. I didn't think we would take much of a step back at DB with Neal as coach, but in a couple years we might be better than ever at the CB spot.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Sounds like both Charles and Amadi have been very impressive so far. I didn't think we would take much of a step back at DB with Neal as coach, but in a couple years we might be better than ever at the CB spot.
I think there'll be times where the youth at the position shows but I think the secondary will still be one of the strongest positions on the team.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think the secondary will be comparable to our 2011 team. That team was young but talented, but they were also prone to 1-2 mental lapses a game which I think we'll see next year.