Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =210011399

DC from another thread:
LT: Tyler Johnstone, Elijah George, Calvin Throckmorton
LG: Jake Pisarcik, Evan Voeller, Shane Lemieux
C: Doug Brenner, Jake Pisarcik, Brady Aiello
RG: Cameron Hunt, Zack Okun, Haniteli Louis, Jake Hanson
RT: Tyrell Crosby, Matt Pierson, Braden Eggert

OL depth chart isn't overly promising, but I get a feeling one of the incoming freshmen will make his way into the lineup. It seems like every year there's an incoming Fr who makes a splash.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Re: Crosby and Pierson stepping into veteran roles

Post by duck541 »

I'm actually pretty comfortable with our line this year. I think with Johnstone back at LT and Crosby/Pierson at RT (and the other at G probably) we're off to a good start. I think Brenner did pretty well filling in for Grasu and will only get better. Pisarcik, Hunt, and Voeller should be able to hold down the other G spot and give depth. I also expect a lot more out of Louis this year, and looks like he's been practicing with the first team lately. Add in Okun who is a beast and George who is finally healthy and great athlete at that size I think we've got good depth. And of course Greatwood is a magician getting guys to gel and play multiple positions.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Our line will be an improvement over last year's no matter what, simply because we'll most likely have the chance to develop continuity.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck541 wrote:I'm actually pretty comfortable with our line this year. I think with Johnstone back at LT and Crosby/Pierson at RT (and the other at G probably) we're off to a good start. I think Brenner did pretty well filling in for Grasu and will only get better. Pisarcik, Hunt, and Voeller should be able to hold down the other G spot and give depth. I also expect a lot more out of Louis this year, and looks like he's been practicing with the first team lately. Add in Okun who is a beast and George who is finally healthy and great athlete at that size I think we've got good depth. And of course Greatwood is a magician getting guys to gel and play multiple positions.
There's very little experience on the line. If we have a couple of injuries to our line (specifically to guys like Johnstone/Hunt), our line won't have more than like 20 starts across the board.

And we'll see if Brenner stays healthy too.

But with a young line, the future certainly looks bright. Here's to a healthy season.

duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Well you could say the same about any position group, if we get hit with a couple big injuries then there won't be much experience at any position. Doesn't mean there isn't talent there.

For how young the line is we actually have a fair amount of experience. And while a few guys haven't started many games they have played in quite a few.

With freshman and transfer having another year to learn the system and work on their physique I feel pretty comfortable with our line.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck541 wrote:Well you could say the same about any position group, if we get hit with a couple big injuries then there won't be much experience at any position. Doesn't mean there isn't talent there.

For how young the line is we actually have a fair amount of experience. And while a few guys haven't started many games they have played in quite a few.

With freshman and transfer having another year to learn the system and work on their physique I feel pretty comfortable with our line.
We got hit with injuries at WR and TE and were fine. OL injuries were the reason we lost to Arizona, and the reason we almost lost to Wazzu. Naturally OL will be a concern after losing 3 key starters.