Mariota gets a 33 on the Wonderlic, Winston a 27

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

fpsduck
Senior

Re: Mariota gets a 33 on the Wonderlic, Winston a 27

Post by fpsduck »

Winston is smarter than his actions make him appear, apparently.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

fpsduck wrote:Winston is smarter than his actions make him appear, apparently.
He really is. He had an offer from Stanford coming out of HS and had good grades in college. He's also very football smart. His problem is that he's extrmely arrogant and thinks he can get away with anything.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I wouldn't call a 33 a great score, it's supposed to be a pretty easy test.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub wrote:I wouldn't call a 33 a great score, it's supposed to be a pretty easy test.
Still a lot better than the QB average score of 24.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Tray Dub wrote:I wouldn't call a 33 a great score, it's supposed to be a pretty easy test.
Brady got the same score, Manning a 28.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

So, average is like a B-... Marcus got a B, maaaaybe a B+? I mean, it's not bad, but it's not particularly impressive either. I've also seen the questions that that test asks, and I'm not trying to toot my own horn here but very few of them were much of a challenge. It's like a junior SAT. So, honestly, having heard about how smart he is and all that, I'm underwhelmed. I was actually expecting a score closer to 40 or more. I'm not trying to knock Marcus or anything, I love the guy and will always support him, I just don't think this score is "great."
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Tray Dub wrote:So, average is like a B-... Marcus got a B, maaaaybe a B+? I mean, it's not bad, but it's not particularly impressive either. I've also seen the questions that that test asks, and I'm not trying to toot my own horn here but very few of them were much of a challenge. It's like a junior SAT. So, honestly, having heard about how smart he is and all that, I'm underwhelmed. I was actually expecting a score closer to 40 or more. I'm not trying to knock Marcus or anything, I love the guy and will always support him, I just don't think this score is "great."
Take the test. Bet you don't even beat Jameis.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duck24 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:So, average is like a B-... Marcus got a B, maaaaybe a B+? I mean, it's not bad, but it's not particularly impressive either. I've also seen the questions that that test asks, and I'm not trying to toot my own horn here but very few of them were much of a challenge. It's like a junior SAT. So, honestly, having heard about how smart he is and all that, I'm underwhelmed. I was actually expecting a score closer to 40 or more. I'm not trying to knock Marcus or anything, I love the guy and will always support him, I just don't think this score is "great."
Take the test. Bet you don't even beat Jameis.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

But were you timing yourself when doing it? If not, then it doesn't really count since the real test only gives 12 minutes to do the whole thing. Anybody should be able to get over 30 with unlimited time.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

greenyellow wrote:But were you timing yourself when doing it? If not, then it doesn't really count since the real test only gives 12 minutes to do the whole thing. Anybody should be able to get over 30 with unlimited time.
Exactly. The time limit is why only one person has ever gotten a perfect score. Only a small percentage of people would be able to make it through all the questions in that amount of time.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I took the thing a couple times... Best score was a 39,down to a 31 on the low end.

Some of the questions are just worded oddly. It reminded me of a psych profile, where the same basic question is asked more than once, at random intervals, in a slightly different manner, to see if you are consistent and paying attention.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

I actually took the wonderlic as part of an interview process and scored a 37.

It's very different when you're being timed and are under pressure. Mariota is a smart guy - 33 is a very solid score. Keep in mind that Andrew Luck scored a 37 and Russell Wilson a 28.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

fpsduck wrote:Winston is smarter than his actions make him appear, apparently.
Being smart and having common sense don't always go hand-in-hand. I work at a hospital, you'd be frightened by some of the nurses that hold lives in their hands.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Wonderlick is kinda meaningless
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

Zyme wrote:Wonderlick is kinda meaningless
you can never have to much information