So, is Dion now considered a bust?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Re: So, is Dion now considered a bust?

Post by UofDuck »

Phenom wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Chip will now be able to pick him up for a ham sandwich and play him at his natural position. I never understood why Dion was so highly rated in the draft - I always thought Kiko would be the best duck coming out that year. Still, Dion has tremendous athletic ability, and I hope he can turn it around.

On a side note: the term 'bust' to me says more about the team drafting the player than the player himself.
The best LB in that group never made it in the pros.
Agree he was the best "college" linebacker in the group.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

My thought was that Kiko would have the best NFL career, obviously.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Phenom wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Chip will now be able to pick him up for a ham sandwich and play him at his natural position. I never understood why Dion was so highly rated in the draft - I always thought Kiko would be the best duck coming out that year. Still, Dion has tremendous athletic ability, and I hope he can turn it around.

On a side note: the term 'bust' to me says more about the team drafting the player than the player himself.

I'm pretty sure Kiko is playing in the pros...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

fpsduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:

He's likely talking about Michael Clay. Good college LB but didn't have the ideal size/speed for the NFL.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yup. Clay was better than Kiko.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

greenyellow wrote:
fpsduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:

He's likely talking about Michael Clay. Good college LB but didn't have the ideal size/speed for the NFL.

I know who he was talking about, I just don't agree. ;)
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

fpsduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
fpsduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:

I know who he was talking about, I just don't agree. ;)
You think Kiko was better than Clay? Don't agree at all.
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

Im less concerned with whether he is a 'bust' than what is going on in his life...what demons hes facing, maybe hes clinically depressed, and maybe the whole 3rd draft pick thing has been more of thorn in his side where he doesnt feel and either do the fans that he isnt living up to potential...I hope he gets past this and enjoys his life, and also hope he gets another chance with a team where he can play to his strengths, but first things first...