Ifo's Knee

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Ifo's Knee

Post by canaduck »

Not that Chip has an obligation to draft the guy, but having just seen the Eagles go back to back with cornerbacks in the 6th round with Ifo still on the board, I'm wondering how bad Ifo's knee really is. Obviously other teams are passing on him as well. Hard to watch the guy still be on the board at this point given his resume.
fpsduck
Senior

Re: Ifo's Knee

Post by fpsduck »

canaduck wrote:Not that Chip has an obligation to draft the guy, but having just seen the Eagles go back to back with cornerbacks in the 6th round with Ifo still on the board, I'm wondering how bad Ifo's knee really is. Obviously other teams are passing on him as well. Hard to watch the guy still be on the board at this point given his resume.

I seem to remember someone posting a "rumor" on this site that his knee was much worse than just an ACL tear...

Hopefully, he gets his settlement from his insurance company.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I heard he tore his mcl pcl and ACL. So basically his whole knee.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I heard he tore his mcl pcl and ACL. So basically his whole knee.
just amazing that can happen without contact
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

mdm0302 wrote:just amazing that can happen without contact
The destruction of Pharaoh Brown's leg was non-contact as well.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I can't say I know that with 100% certainty btw, just what I heard right after it happened t
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Well he dropped all the way to the 7th, so something is very very wrong. Hopefully Cleveland will let him sit out the year and rehab and join next years training camp.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Well sounds like Ifo gets his insurance policy since he fell to the 7th round: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ng-drafted
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

5$ wrote:Well sounds like Ifo gets his insurance policy since he fell to the 7th round: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ng-drafted

he certainly "should" but we're talking about an insurance company paying out...
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

gogreen55 wrote:
mdm0302 wrote:just amazing that can happen without contact
The destruction of Pharaoh Brown's leg was non-contact as well.
ya its amazing that can happen
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

fpsduck wrote:
5$ wrote:Well sounds like Ifo gets his insurance policy since he fell to the 7th round: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ng-drafted

he certainly "should" but we're talking about an insurance company paying out...
An insurance company that has never paid out one of the policies yet. I was amazed to hear that if Ifo gets it, he will be the first athlete to ever get paid for this.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Anthony Kim, a former pro golfer got 10 million by 'medically retiring'. He's even admitted that he's healthy overall but chose the big money over trying to rehab and come back from his injury.
duck81
One Star Recruit

Post by duck81 »

Unless there's some loophole that the UO folks failed to recognize, then there's no way the ins company can get out of paying the 3 mill. I read the premiums were $40,000, so I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon has an agreement with Ifo that the latter will reimburse those premiums upon payout. A final net of $2,960,000 ain't bad at all.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

fpsduck wrote:

An insurance company that is gonna want to be able to continue insuring athletes.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

duck81 wrote:Unless there's some loophole that the UO folks failed to recognize, then there's no way the ins company can get out of paying the 3 mill. I read the premiums were $40,000, so I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon has an agreement with Ifo that the latter will reimburse those premiums upon payout. A final net of $2,960,000 ain't bad at all.
Look at what Marqise Lee is dealing with now. Had a similar policy with the much more reputable Lloyd's of London and is having to go the legal route after his claim was denied.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/06/jackso ... yds-london

If there is even a small chance the company can force this into a settlement for less than the $3M, they will try. Force Ifo to take it to court and starting wracking up significant legal fees and he would likely be swayed to cut a deal for I'd venture to guess significantly less than $3M. They likely have lawyers on retainer where Ifo would probably have to hire an attorney who would want a percentage of what he receives or a six figure flat fee.