Post by td14333 »

Sounds like Lockie had a great spring- Adams much more talented-

Who does Helfrich go with Sept 5th?

http://www.sportswatch.com/lockie-not-y ... ng-qb-job/
fpsduck
Senior

Re: Lockie or Adams

Post by fpsduck »

I think Helfrich/Frost are stubborn enough to go with Lockie, but I believe that Adams eventually takes the starting job.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I'd be a little more concerned if we graduated all our weapons. But we have so many
weapons whoever is QB just has to get them the ball and let them run. I am more
concerned at corner then qb. Teams are gonna try and exploit that.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Lockie can't throw it more than 20 yds with any kind of velocity, if he's the starter our WR won't be doing much other than blocking.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Vs Oregon St in 2013:
Adams did everything Saturday, passing for 411 yards and running for 107 and the go-ahead score with 18 seconds left as the Eagles upset No. 25 Oregon State 49-46 to become the third FCS team to beat a ranked FBS team.

"Watching it live, it was really impressive," Eastern Washington coach Beau Baldwin said. "He wasn't afraid of the situation."

The junior from Pasadena, Calif., played with panache, throwing for four touchdowns and running for two, completing 23 of 30 passes despite leaving the game twice -- once with cramping and a second time after taking a hard hit near the sideline.
Vs Washington last year:
SEATTLE -- Cyler Miles ran for three touchdowns rushing and threw for another in his season debut at quarterback, and Washington withstood seven touchdown passes from Eastern Washington quarterback Vernon Adams Jr., in a wild 59-52 win on Saturday.
Adams set records for most touchdown passes in school history and a new career high in yards passing. The seven TD passes were the most ever allowed by Washington. And if his day wasn't full enough, Adams attempted the onside kick after throwing his seventh TD but the loose ball was recovered by Washington.
He has the "it" factor. Kid can just flat out play football. I just don't see Lockie beating him out for the job.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

QuackininBama wrote:Vs Oregon St in 2013:
Adams did everything Saturday, passing for 411 yards and running for 107 and the go-ahead score with 18 seconds left as the Eagles upset No. 25 Oregon State 49-46 to become the third FCS team to beat a ranked FBS team.

"Watching it live, it was really impressive," Eastern Washington coach Beau Baldwin said. "He wasn't afraid of the situation."

The junior from Pasadena, Calif., played with panache, throwing for four touchdowns and running for two, completing 23 of 30 passes despite leaving the game twice -- once with cramping and a second time after taking a hard hit near the sideline.
Vs Washington last year:
SEATTLE -- Cyler Miles ran for three touchdowns rushing and threw for another in his season debut at quarterback, and Washington withstood seven touchdown passes from Eastern Washington quarterback Vernon Adams Jr., in a wild 59-52 win on Saturday.
Adams set records for most touchdown passes in school history and a new career high in yards passing. The seven TD passes were the most ever allowed by Washington. And if his day wasn't full enough, Adams attempted the onside kick after throwing his seventh TD but the loose ball was recovered by Washington.
He has the "it" factor. Kid can just flat out play football. I just don't see Lockie beating him out for the job.
Will he be able to learn the playbook in such a short amount of time though? I wouldn't be surprised if we start Lockie to open the season because that may be a better option than just handing Adams the keys in the first game against his former team. Who knows where his head will be on that day....
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
duck81
One Star Recruit

Post by duck81 »

Prediction: I think Lockie will start vs EWU primarily because Adams may not be fully ready. If everything goes according to Hoyle we should be well enough ahead in the 3rd qtr to get VA plenty of snaps. The big question is going to be the following week @MSU.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Well its my understanding he's had the playbook for quite a while now so at least the verbiage will be familiar. Now obviously its a far different thing to run those plays during scrimmage or a game, and he will have to get on the same page as our receivers but I do actually see him starting from day one. I look at it like an NFL player the year before he becomes a FA or his contract is up. They always play at their best and his goal is to get himself in the spotlight for the NFL draft. He's going to bust his ass to be ready for week one and he has all the tools to do it. I think its a no-brainer.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

If Lockie's arm isn't a noodle he's my preference. We don't need a superstar back there with how loaded we are on offense. We just need a guy who can lead, stay calm, and get the ball to the playmakers.
duckrogers
One Star Recruit

Post by duckrogers »

Adams was really nice after the Spring Game. He stood around signing autographs for a long time and was really nice to my kids.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Adams is a vet, he'll learn the playobook quickly, I'm sure of that. I bet he starts, too much talent not to. No offense to Lockie, he just isn't as gifted as Adams.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ya gotta go with VA, but Lockie definitely looked comfortable during the spring game. I think he could run our offense if needed.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

duck81 wrote:Prediction: I think Lockie will start vs EWU primarily because Adams may not be fully ready. If everything goes according to Hoyle we should be well enough ahead in the 3rd qtr to get VA plenty of snaps. The big question is going to be the following week @MSU.
Wouldn't it make more sense to play him against EWU, a game we should win handily, so he can get some actual in game reps prior to the MSU game? Benching him week 1 and throwing him into the fray week 2 sounds like a recipe for disaster.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck24 wrote:
duck81 wrote:Prediction: I think Lockie will start vs EWU primarily because Adams may not be fully ready. If everything goes according to Hoyle we should be well enough ahead in the 3rd qtr to get VA plenty of snaps. The big question is going to be the following week @MSU.
Wouldn't it make more sense to play him against EWU, a game we should win handily, so he can get some actual in game reps prior to the MSU game? Benching him week 1 and throwing him into the fray week 2 sounds like a recipe for disaster.[/quote

If Lockie starts one of two things happened. 1- Adams just isn't that good, or 2-Adams is hurt. No way did the coaches call every potential transfer because they think Lockie is the man they want starting.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

i know we have a lot of weapons but a week 2 night game at Michigan State is my concern.