Spring Game Gems bring Interesting Questions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

FishDuck
Three Star Recruit

Spring Game Gems bring Interesting Questions

Post by FishDuck »

Last week we had a theme to the comments about the spring game as I shared some thoughts about our “Pre-Freshmen.” This week just brought interesting questions from some great clips I found:

--Can linebackers show this good of technique consistently next year?
--Are we going to Zone Read the Inside Linebacker more often?
--What is up with Torrodney Prevot? Breaking gap responsibilities?

http://fishduck.com/2015/05/2015-oregon ... -oddities/
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Spring Game Gems bring Interesting Questions

Post by Phenom »

Prevot was out most of Spring with a leg injury. He had surgery on it.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Phenom wrote:Prevot was out most of Spring with a leg injury. He had surgery on it.
Is he expected back in time for fall?
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't think its possible to answer any serious questions in a spring game. I still have the same questions and will have probably until see us play games against the likes of Michigan State... USC... or maybe against a Stanford or ASU.... Those questions are what happens with our qb play and will our qb play be good enough to win games... on defense... welllll I need to see a lot of improvement from our linebackers. Will need to see how our secondary does with the loss of Ifo as well. I could see us losing as many as 5 games... or as few as one... depending on how these questions get answered next fall in games.

I also wonder... if... we do lose 3 or 4 or even 5... how Helfrich... and Pellum will do with the added pressure. Time will tell. I am crossing my fingers that we only lose 1 or 2... but... with the uncertainties at qb and a suspect defense... we could lose more. History has showed that if can limit our offense to under 30 points... odds are that will win the game. I did not see anything from Pellum last year that makes me think he is a good DC... maybe in year 2 we will see drastic improvement on that side.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

lmduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:Prevot was out most of Spring with a leg injury. He had surgery on it.
Is he expected back in time for fall?
He played in the spring game so I'm pretty sure he'll be fully healed for fall.