Vernon Adams?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Vernon Adams?

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:Man I'm a lot more worried about Moi right now. Really need the LB depth.
This report in the Oregonian doesn't help my concern with VA, also does anyone know what's going on with Moi?

Here's the link:

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... or_su.html
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Alan- please take a deep breath!

Did you see Helfrich's comments this morning???? If not here is the info straight from Rob Moseley's twitter account:

Self-fulfilling prophecy! Greif leads off with the VA arrival question. Helf: "We don't anticipate any issues."

I am guessing that both Moseley and Andrew Greif from the Oregonian will have articles later today that will address this and other things.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Don't worry about me! :lol: , I'm a long ways from needing to take a deep breath, I just like talking Ducks football. What's Helf supposed to say? VA is having trouble finishing a math class on time and is years behind Lockie's knowledge of the system and he was not issued a number, yet. I was excited about VA at first, but after watching the spring game and knowing all the weapons any QB the Duck have to go to, I now think Lockie is the guy. No need to breath in a bag, just talking...... or typing.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

But he's not missing practices. He's missing a few voluntary workouts. He has play books to work on. I'm not an apologist for VA, just don't think this is a huge deal for a red-shirt senior that has a lot of real game experience.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

From what Hopkins says, it's something to do with the transfer that a counselor didn't tell him about needing to get into UO. This also doesn't sound like the first time UO has ran into this win a transfer athlete. He said he should be good to go in 2 weeks.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm not concerned about VA, I'm sure he'll make it. But it is a little bit of a bummer that he could miss some time on campus and meshing with the team. Every week matters as we are only 70 days away from kick off.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

buckmarkduck wrote:From what Hopkins says, it's something to do with the transfer that a counselor didn't tell him about needing to get into UO. This also doesn't sound like the first time UO has ran into this win a transfer athlete. He said he should be good to go in 2 weeks.
Don't think we should place all the blame on a counselor. Hegarty had no issues with admissions. It's very possible that Adams dropped the ball.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

uostudent wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:From what Hopkins says, it's something to do with the transfer that a counselor didn't tell him about needing to get into UO. This also doesn't sound like the first time UO has ran into this win a transfer athlete. He said he should be good to go in 2 weeks.
Don't think we should place all the blame on a counselor. Hegarty had no issues with admissions. It's very possible that Adams dropped the ball.
Well Hegarty didn't have the same counselor...
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

It does seem coincidental that the EWU said something along the lines of "assuming VA gets his academics in order, shortly after the transfer was announced, right?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!