Vernon Adams?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Re: Vernon Adams?

Post by lmduck »

Duck24- agree- going to assume they did the same amount of diligence with VA that they do with every recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

Alan wrote:
Cedar Tree wrote:I'm going with the former. If Adams did anything drastic at this point (i.e. stay at Eww or transfer to a different school), I'll buy everyone on this forum a pizza :)
Pepperoni, black olive with extra cheese, thin crust please! :mrgreen:
I wouldn't get your hopes up! :P
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Cedar Tree wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cedar Tree wrote:I'm going with the former. If Adams did anything drastic at this point (i.e. stay at Eww or transfer to a different school), I'll buy everyone on this forum a pizza :)
Pepperoni, black olive with extra cheese, thin crust please! :mrgreen:
I wouldn't get your hopes up! :P

:lol: :lol: I thought I would give it a shot, he'll be there tomorrow, he graduated and has all his ducks (no pun) in a row. Hopefully someone will report on his arrival. Pizza does sound good tonight though.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

any word as to if VA arrived.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lmduck wrote:any word as to if VA arrived.
He just graduated and was visiting the campus over the weekend with family. Classes start June 22nd, and VA will be taking classes. So everything is looking good!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Apparently has not completed the work necessary for graduation. Seems a bit sloppy to me.

Before he can join the Ducks and compete with Jeff Lockie for UO's vacant starting quarterback position, he needs to pass what he termed "two more tests" for a math class and file paperwork to finalize his degree in interdisciplinary studies, Adams told The Oregonian/OregonLive on Tuesday evening.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... n_fin.html
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

maxduck wrote:Apparently has not completed the work necessary for graduation. Seems a bit sloppy to me.

Before he can join the Ducks and compete with Jeff Lockie for UO's vacant starting quarterback position, he needs to pass what he termed "two more tests" for a math class and file paperwork to finalize his degree in interdisciplinary studies, Adams told The Oregonian/OregonLive on Tuesday evening.

So EWU is slow to post grades?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

So he graduated............but didn't? WTF?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

QuackininBama wrote:So he graduated............but didn't? WTF?
QIB- you can walk in the ceremony and they typically do not let you do that unless things look very, very positive so my guess is that he may have a couple of things he needs to do but they are confident that it will be done and will be done satisfactorily. UO allows people to do that as well.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

maxduck wrote:Apparently has not completed the work necessary for graduation. Seems a bit sloppy to me.

I saw that earlier today, it doesn't do much for my confidence or love for VA. I'm sure he'll get to Oregon but it's not like a big surprise what he had to do to move to the Ducks.......... Now I'm a bigger Locke fan.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

This is all pretty common, normal stuff for transfers. It doesn't make me think any less of Adams. I have always thought the chances were slim that he would come in and beat everyone else out on day 1, and Lockie's performance in the spring game seemed to give more fuel to that feeling. The longer Adams is delayed in joining the team, the less chance he has to do his catching up and removing the several-year head start that Lockie, etc. have on him in the program.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:

I saw that earlier today, it doesn't do much for my confidence or love for VA. I'm sure he'll get to Oregon but it's not like a big surprise what he had to do to move to the Ducks.......... Now I'm a bigger Locke fan.
At least there's one.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Phalanx wrote:This is all pretty common, normal stuff for transfers. It doesn't make me think any less of Adams. I have always thought the chances were slim that he would come in and beat everyone else out on day 1, and Lockie's performance in the spring game seemed to give more fuel to that feeling. The longer Adams is delayed in joining the team, the less chance he has to do his catching up and removing the several-year head start that Lockie, etc. have on him in the program.
I honestly don't see what everyone else saw in Lockie that I missed. Honestly, it was a very average showing. I'm scared to death and obviously so are the coaches or they wouldn't have even invited Adam's to the campus.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

QuackininBama wrote:
Phalanx wrote:This is all pretty common, normal stuff for transfers. It doesn't make me think any less of Adams. I have always thought the chances were slim that he would come in and beat everyone else out on day 1, and Lockie's performance in the spring game seemed to give more fuel to that feeling. The longer Adams is delayed in joining the team, the less chance he has to do his catching up and removing the several-year head start that Lockie, etc. have on him in the program.
I honestly don't see what everyone else saw in Lockie that I missed. Honestly, it was a very average showing. I'm scared to death and obviously so are the coaches or they wouldn't have even invited Adam's to the campus.
I have to disagree, Lockie was shaky last year, he looked good in the spring game. My problem "NOW" with Adams is he's not ready to transfer. By the earliest media report I found on google he had since the beginning of February to get it done, which means probably since mid January. Six months and he's not ready, intel large level? Or what, still has to gel with the team and know the ducks complex system...... Still a Lockie fan, he has too many other weapons to go to who is very familiar with. Adams can't finish a moth test... Or two.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

QuackininBama wrote:So he graduated............but didn't? WTF?
Fwiw, he told Hopkins that he's good to go, and will be here in a week. Who knows, I guess we will find out soon enough.