New College Football Landscape Proposal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

New College Football Landscape Proposal

Post by KingofDucks »

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/3b ... _proposal/

I posted this on r/CFB. Thought you guys might enjoy it or have some thoughts.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: New College Football Landscape Proposal

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I like the general idea, minus how playoffs are handled. I don't think separating the P4 and the G5 is best. Take the champion from each conference. And then take four at-large teams. If one happens to be a G5 team, then so be it. Teams like Utah and Boise State have proven in the past that they can compete with the top conferences.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I like the general idea, minus how playoffs are handled. I don't think separating the P4 and the G5 is best. Take the champion from each conference. And then take four at-large teams. If one happens to be a G5 team, then so be it. Teams like Utah and Boise State have proven in the past that they can compete with the top conferences.
I'm just really intrigued by a format where the top 64 teams battle for the crown with a very straight forward process on getting to the title game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

KingofDucks wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I like the general idea, minus how playoffs are handled. I don't think separating the P4 and the G5 is best. Take the champion from each conference. And then take four at-large teams. If one happens to be a G5 team, then so be it. Teams like Utah and Boise State have proven in the past that they can compete with the top conferences.
I'm just really intrigued by a format where the top 64 teams battle for the crown with a very straight forward process on getting to the title game.
OK, but if there's a desire to expand to an eight team playoff, would you then just take the four at-large teams from the P4 conferences?

KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
OK, but if there's a desire to expand to an eight team playoff, would you then just take the four at-large teams from the P4 conferences?
I don't think another game should be added to an already long season for these players. The conference championships already act as a defacto quarterfinal.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

KingofDucks wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
I don't think another game should be added to an already long season for these players. The conference championships already act as a defacto quarterfinal.
Fair enough, for those who want an eight team payoff, we could just treat each division winner as a playoff team.