GM: Boston Celtics GM

Football Gossip from Coaches: Vernon Adams, Nelson and Fresh

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Football Gossip from Coaches: Vernon Adams, Nelson and F

Post by Tray Dub »

Assuming he isn't making those quotes up out of thin air and the coach isn't a serious exaggerator, boy oh boy is that some huge praise for Vernon Adams. That'd mean the QB battle with Lockie is over and Vernon Adams deserves Heisman hype. Also, to say Charles Nelson is going to be one of our best corners ever is also pretty amazing. That one's pretty easy to believe though because Nelson is such a gifted athlete and, like the article mentioned, he was a great tackler on special teams last year. Anyways, great article, and I hope I'm not being made a fool of for taking it seriously.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

Tray Dub wrote:Assuming he isn't making those quotes up out of thin air and the coach isn't a serious exaggerator, boy oh boy is that some huge praise for Vernon Adams. That'd mean the QB battle with Lockie is over and Vernon Adams deserves Heisman hype. Also, to say Charles Nelson is going to be one of our best corners ever is also pretty amazing. That one's pretty easy to believe though because Nelson is such a gifted athlete and, like the article mentioned, he was a great tackler on special teams last year. Anyways, great article, and I hope I'm not being made a fool of for taking it seriously.
i bet the quotes are legit i just wonder how credible those coaches are. they are pretty much expressing the best case scenario for all those players. "best corner are oregon ever" :shock:
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I said the same thing about Charles Nelson halfway through last season.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I said the same thing about Charles Nelson halfway through last season.
Yep!

He's a good receiver, and he had a great spring game... but honestly -- and this is absolutely not a knock on Nelson -- we have better receivers on the roster. We're simply loaded at receiver. Nelson might start anywhere else, but here, he'd be in line.

On defense, though... damn! I'm not sure this team has a better tackler than Charles Nelson. With his aggressiveness, speed and nose for the ball, I'd so much rather have him playing defense than waiting in line for reps at receiver. I want Nelson on the field for as many snaps as possible. Cornerback is the way to make that happen.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Nelson is a great playmaker on offense but, with Addison coming back we can afford to move him to Defense and not experience such a big drop off.
timberduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by timberduck »

Let's see if Vernon can even enroll at UO, let alone beat out Lockie, before we start crowning him the GOAT.

We're 2 months from kickoff and the kid hasn't even practiced with the team.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

He has to actually get here first... then we will see what happens. It sounded like at first was just two tests for math he need to do. Most people I would think if are enrolling at another school when find out need to complete these two test would schedule to do them immediately and get them done within a weeks time. Yet it seems obviously not that simple since still not at Oregon attending summer classes yet. They started I believe on the 22nd. To me it just seems he lacks the urgency needed to get them done.. or there is more going on than any of us know about. So any speculation about what he will do at Oregon is frivolous for the time being since he is not there yet.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

As I understand it, he's already moved down to Eugene. The format of these tests is of course dependent upon proctoring method. If he has 2 tests he's likely cramming, will get them done and be enrolled in no time whether or not he participates in summer course work or fall is up in the air. He's not coming here for the masters. He's trying to get his draft stock elevated....