Oregon to play Auburn in 2019

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon to play Auburn in 2019

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon announced that they've filled one schedule opening in 2019 by agreeing to play Auburn in AT&T Stadium, similar to how Oregon played LSU in an opening game. This one works out fine because it replaces the game Oregon would have played at Texas A&M. This now leaves a marquee home game open for 2018, which was A&M's visit to Autzen. Still wish a top SEC team would have the balls to come to Autzen one of these days.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =210176597
Alan
Senior

Re: Oregon to play Auburn in 2019

Post by Alan »

Nice pick up! Love that scheduling change for lost Aggies series. I agree I hope Some power house would come to Autzen, even an Ohio St or Notre Dame, FSU, SEC ......
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Alan wrote:Nice pick up! Love that scheduling change for lost Aggies series. I agree I hope Some power house would come to Autzen, even an Ohio St or Notre Dame, FSU, SEC ......
The article says that we play Ohio State in 2020 and 2021. I'm assuming that's a home and home series.
John 3:36
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

They ain't coming...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

But in all seriousness, I more likely expect them to cancel this series than for it to actually happen

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

SuperDuck wrote:
Alan wrote:Nice pick up! Love that scheduling change for lost Aggies series. I agree I hope Some power house would come to Autzen, even an Ohio St or Notre Dame, FSU, SEC ......
The article says that we play Ohio State in 2020 and 2021. I'm assuming that's a home and home series.
It is. The one big open spot is still a home date in 2018 that would have been A&M. The article said Oregon officials were still trying to find a marquee opponent for that date and didn't have anything concrete to report yet.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon announced that they've filled one schedule opening in 2019 by agreeing to play Auburn in AT&T Stadium, similar to how Oregon played LSU in an opening game. This one works out fine because it replaces the game Oregon would have played at Texas A&M. This now leaves a marquee home game open for 2018, which was A&M's visit to Autzen. Still wish a top SEC team would have the balls to come to Autzen one of these days.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =210176597

If y'all would get Uncle Phil to increase the size of Autzen by 25K-30K I'm sure someone would. Sucks that the matchup wont be until 2019, there is no telling what the Ducks or the Plainsmen/tigers/wareagles will look like by then. Would of been a good match up this year.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think the Ohio state series will happen. The Pac 12 Big 10 have been pretty good to each other bout not bailing when play the other. As far as getting a top sec school they will not come. We have had Miss state... and Tennessee come but no way will LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, South Carolina, or Texas A&M ever come out and play at Autzen. They would like for use to come there.. but since Oregon wants it to be fair and have them come here... not likely will see any of them make the trip.
CamBo
One Star Recruit

Post by CamBo »

Speaking for Auburn, we are excited about the matchup. There had been rumblings on our boards and among our fans that repeated match ups with Clemson, especially in Atlanta, were not acceptable. Louisville this year is an inside job, too.

Oregon had consistently come up as the preferred opponent in an OOC game. The appeal of a rematch between 2 teams famous for their uptempo offenses is huge. A number of my friends and I are already talking about going.

I would have preferred a H&H rather than a neutral site. I've heard Autzen is really fun. And I wish you could see Auburn. It's a plane ride anyway.

It would have been great if it were this year, instead. 4 years from now, Auburn could be a cellar dweller and Oregon could be running the Maryland I-Formation.

I think we play UCLA in 2018. Not sure about that.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I think the Ohio state series will happen. The Pac 12 Big 10 have been pretty good to each other bout not bailing when play the other. As far as getting a top sec school they will not come. We have had Miss state... and Tennessee come but no way will LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, South Carolina, or Texas A&M ever come out and play at Autzen. They would like for use to come there.. but since Oregon wants it to be fair and have them come here... not likely will see any of them make the trip.

LSU would if it was more profitable. Its not like we aren't willing to travel. In looking at just PAC teams, we made a trip to Washington, multiple trips to Arizona, and have UCLA slated. It all boils down to the money and it is simply more profitable for a one and done in Texas than it is to travel and play in Autzen.

I personally would LOVE it but if it all boils down to money. Maybe as the TV revenue goes up it will happen though.

Same goes for the rest of the SEC. Florida is simply horrible by the way, sure they play Florida State every year but the NEVER travel outside of the state of Florida.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ The neutral site games pay more than home and home irregardless of stadium size. ESPN wrote an article about 6 months back about it. Obviously teams don't want to overdo it since playing in their home stadium is their bread and butter but a lot of teams see that they can make double the money playing at a neutral site as opposed to a home and home.
CamBo
One Star Recruit

Post by CamBo »

wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Bud Lee wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I think the Ohio state series will happen. The Pac 12 Big 10 have been pretty good to each other bout not bailing when play the other. As far as getting a top sec school they will not come. We have had Miss state... and Tennessee come but no way will LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, South Carolina, or Texas A&M ever come out and play at Autzen. They would like for use to come there.. but since Oregon wants it to be fair and have them come here... not likely will see any of them make the trip.

LSU would if it was more profitable. Its not like we aren't willing to travel. In looking at just PAC teams, we made a trip to Washington, multiple trips to Arizona, and have UCLA slated. It all boils down to the money and it is simply more profitable for a one and done in Texas than it is to travel and play in Autzen.

I personally would LOVE it but if it all boils down to money. Maybe as the TV revenue goes up it will happen though.

Same goes for the rest of the SEC. Florida is simply horrible by the way, sure they play Florida State every year but the NEVER travel outside of the state of Florida.
Anybody that thinks LSU won't play tough away games just aint paying attention. I commend them for their scheduling. I'd like to believe we could offer an attractive enough package to schedule a home and home with them even at current stadium size, but I honestly don't know enough about how those economics work. Seems like if we can guaranty Ohio State enough we can guaranty LSU enough.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Thanks for the link, it was a interesting read from a Auburn point of view. Pretty much what one would expect, some trash talk, some uneducated BS........ But a whole lot of respect and excitement to face the Ducks from Tiger fans.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

wlduck wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:

Anybody that thinks LSU won't play tough away games just aint paying attention. I commend them for their scheduling. I'd like to believe we could offer an attractive enough package to schedule a home and home with them even at current stadium size, but I honestly don't know enough about how those economics work. Seems like if we can guaranty Ohio State enough we can guaranty LSU enough.

You guys have no idea how bad I want a home and home with the Ducks!