VA latest says he'll be here a few days after fall camp

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: VA latest says he'll be here a few days after fall camp

Post by Alan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:KOD or anyone else; do you know if he is allowed to use the Jaqua center or any tutors or any on campus resources or the like?

My thoughts and guess on it is, he is not registered as a student at the U of O some I wouldn't think he would any more access to the facility than me or any other person who is not a student there. Further more if he does get to use it as a non student I'm headed down to get a hot tub and rub down, oh and load up from the snack bar for the trip home!!
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Alan- what exactly is your point? We get it, you are not a VA fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

No, Alan's point is that he believes VA is not a registered student at UO and would not have the level of access that a student athlete at UO would have. He is also sarcastically saying that if VA were to have access, Alan would be heading on down to help himself to the provisions provided (being an unregistered person like VA would be). That statement has no bearing on whether Alan supports VA or not.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

VA is allowed to use the same buildings and facilities that are available to the public. For example, he is allowed to use the rec fields next to Hayward Field. But no, he is not allowed access to student-athlete facilities. Not until Aug 14.
UofDuck
Senior

VA latest says he'll be here a few days after fall camp

Post by UofDuck »

I suspect VA didn't transfer to ride the pine or miss the season. I bet he is doing everything he can off an on the field to be ready for opening day. The coaches will surely "encourage" others to work with him on whatever field he has access to. I'm not sure why some are so down on him. I bet everyone knew the whole circumstance of his transfer needs many months ago when he was offered a transfer, and this is all part of the plan. I don't get the heavy doubters on this forum.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I'll say this then I'll do my best to shut up about this subject...... Unless...

As I stated, the most intriguing thing about this subject is the clear cut two sides. The VA supporter that doesn't get the doubters and the doubters wondering where all the supporters are getting their enthusiasm at this stage of the transfer.

Imduck, you're correct at this point I'm not a fan, he is not yet a member of the team. when or if he becomes a member of the team then it's time for me to reassess him. KoD made a very good point that helped me think it through a little more, many of us, myself included, are judging or assessing him without any knowledge of his circumstances. I only know him from media reports and what little film I have watched. I well say I feel " the many of us judging him" include the supporters as well as the doubters. I doubt anyone really knows the whole story other then VA and the Duck coaches. With that said I judge VA only on what I hope is my logical mind and ability to sift through all the "got to break the story first" wanna be media members and pick out what I believe to be the facts and go from there.

I've been a die hard duck fan for many, many...(oh gees I'm old) many years. This is just the dead time of year in Duck football, so we're talking.

Alan
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I think i read somewhere that he was taking an online math class, and I know here in Fl some online classes open up chunks of assignments at a time. Could that be the reasoning behind his " 2 tests left" ? He could have possibly finished all the required assignments and tests available and is just waiting for the semester to finish and final grades be given. I think that scenario could explain why like KOD said no one is really worried about him finished the class on time and such because he's finished it but he's just waiting on the process to finish out.
ljginger
Three Star Recruit

Post by ljginger »

KoD, you are the #1 source for many of us on team news...we appreciate your insight and I for one will be following your posts closely over the next 3 weeks for the latest on VA! Thanks again for all you do on this site!
ljginger
Three Star Recruit

Post by ljginger »

Please Delete!
Last edited by ljginger on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duck81
One Star Recruit

Post by duck81 »

Whether this post re a midterm is accurate or a joke, it's very irresponsible & reckless to post some thing like that. Should be deleted.
ljginger
Three Star Recruit

Post by ljginger »

I was hoping KoD would clear things up but he hasn't yet! Also, I wouldn't joke about something like that!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Gotta admit, I have been watching this and waiting for KoD too.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

You can fail a midterm and still pass the class. You need a C or better to pass nowadays? Shouldn't be too hard.
ljginger
Three Star Recruit

Post by ljginger »

I honestly wouldn't have put this here if we didn't have someone in tune w/ team news as much as KoD is!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

You can fail a midterm and still pass the class. You need a C or better to pass nowadays? Shouldn't be too hard.
Honestly though... if you're already bad at math, and you've already failed the class once, and then you fail the midterm for the same class just a couple of months later... then that does not bode well for your ability to pass that class.

Then again, this could be a totally unsubstantiated rumor, and perhaps all is well.
Willie Taggart is a dick.