thomas time
Senior

Andrew Nemec predictions

Post by thomas time »

Alan
Senior

Re: Andrew Nemec predictions

Post by Alan »

Interesting predictions, all long term predictions except for the comparison to Armstead........ That one almost has me laughing, almost because it also has me thinking about it.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Armstead was a very good player, but from the moment he got here I almost felt as if he had one foot out the door the entire time. I think he has a ton of potential that was never realized at the college level because he was only willing to do as little as possible to get through college so he could be drafted. He has the skills and strength/size to DOMINATE on the defensive line, and he never really did. I think he could have, but he didn't dedicate himself to his craft.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Armstead had his moments, but football is about every play, not showing how good you can be once in a while.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Remember, that Armstead's brother was going to be a first or second round pick and then had health issues and had to retire before he made a dime.

Not saying that it's ok that Armstead maybe lollygagged sometimes but I understand why he did, if he did.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Not a big fan of the Armstead bashing. Perhaps he just doesn't have the high motor that other DLs have. He gave us 3 years of good service, and for that I am grateful.

Would I have liked to have seen more? Yes, but perhaps he gave as much as he was able.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I won't bash Armstead either. He was good, and we were better with him on the field than off of it. That said, I agree this new DL should be better from the get-go... but that's not a knock on Armstead.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Amstead did what he had to to go first round. That was always his goal
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'm not bashing him, I'm just saying the obvious. Did I think he was a good player? Yes. Was he first round good? Not from what I saw, but we'll find out soon.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:I'm not bashing him, I'm just saying the obvious. Did I think he was a good player? Yes. Was he first round good? Not from what I saw, but we'll find out soon.
When he was asserting himself and playing hard, he was undeniably a first round talent. Watch film of the Michigan State and Florida State game. He was consistently collapsing the pocket from his side of the field and blowing up running lanes. The issue was always that he would disappear for periods of time and you couldn't tell if it was him or a walk-on playing.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck24 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:I'm not bashing him, I'm just saying the obvious. Did I think he was a good player? Yes. Was he first round good? Not from what I saw, but we'll find out soon.
When he was asserting himself and playing hard, he was undeniably a first round talent. Watch film of the Michigan State and Florida State game. He was consistently collapsing the pocket from his side of the field and blowing up running lanes. The issue was always that he would disappear for periods of time and you couldn't tell if it was him or a walk-on playing.

Exactly what I saw. The first quarter of the UA game he was unstoppable also, hen he got hurt. The kid has talent, but I don't know if he'll ever play a full 16 games season, and he seems to disappear. I watched OL push him around who had no business even being on the same fuels as Arik.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

If only we could've somehow combined Armstead with Nick Reed....
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm on board with the Canton and Amadi predictions. Pretty much agree with the Armstead posts though. He definitely had some good moments, but I particularly remember his freshman year as a struggle.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13