360 Autzen Player Experience

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Re: 360 Autzen Player Experience

Post by Bud Lee »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

Cool idea but the 360 camera thing is odd and confusing. Would off been awesome as just a POV
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Bud, try watching it on your smartphone!

First time I tried watching it, the video was in a browser on my second monitor, and I got that weird three-image-in-one thing... and that was weird...

But then I looked at it on my phone, and WOW! That's easily one of the coolest things on YouTube I've ever seen. It is a POV video, only you can actually turn your phone around and look at all the action around you as if you're actually there. (Or, you can just hold your phone still and watch from just the basic POV, if you want).
Willie Taggart is a dick.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

pezsez1 wrote:Bud, try watching it on your smartphone!

First time I tried watching it, the video was in a browser on my second monitor, and I got that weird three-image-in-one thing... and that was weird...

But then I looked at it on my phone, and WOW! That's easily one of the coolest things on YouTube I've ever seen. It is a POV video, only you can actually turn your phone around and look at all the action around you as if you're actually there. (Or, you can just hold your phone still and watch from just the basic POV, if you want).
This! Has to be done on a phone, that was really cool!
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Are y'all using the youtube app or just the browser ?
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

The whole 360 camera thing didn't work for me at all on my Android tablet, using either the YouTube app or the browser. Does this only work on Apple devices?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Works for me on my Motorola.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Yeah, it works for me on my tablet now, not sure why it didn't before. This 360 experience should also work for anyone on a computer using Chrome as their web browser...you just have to use the arrow controls in the upper left hand corner of the video. It looks cooler to me on the tablet though.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

gogreen55 wrote:Yeah, it works for me on my tablet now, not sure why it didn't before. This 360 experience should also work for anyone on a computer using Chrome as their web browser...you just have to use the arrow controls in the upper left hand corner of the video. It looks cooler to me on the tablet though.

Got it to work by playing it on the youtube site with my chrome browser. That is pretty cool :)