Oregon Passing Attack Analysis: Utilizing the Stick Concept

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

FishDuck
Three Star Recruit

Oregon Passing Attack Analysis: Utilizing the Stick Concept

Post by FishDuck »

Hey Guys,

We are done with the speculation about Vernon Adams and now we go back to real analysis once again. This explanation of the Stick Concept in the Oregon passing game is simply superb. For those who want to learn…this is another brick in your wall of understanding as frankly I did not know this and loved learning about it. The coach told me that, “it is impossible to stop—especially the way Oregon does it. I used the Stick Concept to win a State Championship on a two-point conversion.”

Whoa—fun stuff to learn!

He also reminded me last night that although the Ducks will send someone long on a fade/streak (depending upon your terminology) or on a flag—sometimes Oregon QBs would throw that pass if it opens up, even though the intent of the play was getting the first down.

Jeremy McGuire is in Kentucky who gave us this analysis and another tasty concept in two weeks, while next week we have a terrific analysis about some of the fine points we as fans would miss that Oregon does to open up running lanes that much more for the Ducks rushing attack. That analysis will be from Coach Levi Steier in Albany, New York.

In three weeks we will have our first analysis by former safety at Oregon, Ryan Mitchell, who will begin to unravel the mysteries of coverages for us fans, and the analysis he has planned for the week of the first game is a DANDY. Tons of fun stuff to learn for the small percentage who want to!

As always, we do not have a message board at FishDuck.com, so bring your comments here and we can discuss them as I love pondering them as well here. I guarantee that you WILL see the Stick Concept this fall…

http://fishduck.com/2015/07/oregon-foot ... sing-game/
greenyellow

Re: Oregon Passing Attack Analysis: Utilizing the Stick Conc

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds good Fish. I'm especially interested in the coverage analysis since you don't see that broken down too often.