Paris Bostick & Fotu update/status?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Paris Bostick & Fotu update/status?

Post by srsmiley007 »

All,

I may have missed something but has anyone heard anything regarding these players? I know that Paris already burned his redshirt year at Georgia and I believe has 3 years of eligibility left. Also, any word on Fotu? Is he going to RS as well or are they throwing him into special teams? I'm assuming RS but just curious.
gogreen55
Senior

Re: Paris Bostick & Fotu update/status?

Post by gogreen55 »

I don't have any insider info, but Bostick has been mentioned a few times by Pellum in interviews. I get the sense that he is behind others in terms of knowledge of the defense (as one would expect from a new guy coming in), but he has shown some flashes of his ability in practice. He will probably start the season providing depth as a third string linebacker and play some special teams.

As for Fotu Leiato, this is from the practice report today...
Leiato also had a big play on kickoff coverage, an area where he’s really going to be an asset. When he’s on the field on special teams, guys on the sideline take note. …
I don't know if the coaches have made a final determination, but it certainly sounds like he could see some action on special teams this year.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

thx.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Fotu is gonna play on special teams this year. He was practicing with the traveling squad.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

After today's practice:
“Fotu is a guy that plays a million miles an hour every snap, every special teams situation. The youtube sensation hype wasn’t just hype, that guy can bring it. I can’t wait to watch that guy cover kickoffs.” - Coach Helfrich

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13