Sept. 1st Practice Report

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Sept. 1st Practice Report

Post by greenyellow »

The offense was running the ball a lot better against the scout team today. Seems VA has found a nice rhythm with the receivers.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =210309691
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Re: Sept. 1st Practice Report

Post by duck541 »

I'm really starting to dislike Moseley's reports because they are so far from what I hear from others at practice. Either he writes what the UO tells him to or his eye for talent just isn't that good.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

duck541 wrote:I'm really starting to dislike Moseley's reports because they are so far from what I hear from others at practice.
What are you hearing?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duck541 wrote:I'm really starting to dislike Moseley's reports because they are so far from what I hear from others at practice. Either he writes what the UO tells him to or his eye for talent just isn't that good.
I've completely stopped reading his reports. I read every single one last year then once the season was going I realized that almost none of it was reality. Guys he had been raving about weren't any good or never played and the guys that he always highlighted for subpar play in practice turned out to huge contributors.

Everyone in the other thread is really concerened about Addison but I would bet that we won't see any of those "struggles" from him and that he's back to stud form from the first snap.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

duck541 wrote:I'm really starting to dislike Moseley's reports because they are so far from what I hear from others at practice. Either he writes what the UO tells him to or his eye for talent just isn't that good.
Do you think Moseley has changed his reporting since he switched over to the U of O? I don't seem to get as much from reading him as I used to in years past. Seems like he isn't giving us the straight dope anymore, and that he is only there so that the team can say it released something resembling practice reporting.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I do think Moseley is a bit limited in his reports for several reasons, but they reports are still better than nothing and do give us a small glimpse into what's going on in practice. He does have leave some stuff out because of secrecy issues within the program so I don't expect full disclosure there. Rob is limited in discussing everything because he's only one guy doing the reports. Plus, he's admitted that he's not the best judge of talent and that's why he's a writer so I can't really get on him for not accurately portraying what's been seen all the time. Another reason you see a lot of players who aren't playing or contributing heavily mentioned is that Rob has said it'd be pretty boring to see every report mention the same few guys excelling while not getting a look/taste of how everyone else is doing.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

gogreen55 wrote:
duck541 wrote:I'm really starting to dislike Moseley's reports because they are so far from what I hear from others at practice.
What are you hearing?
yes. can you please give us your insight?