Oregon @ Colorado (Saturday 7 pm pst ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Colorado (Saturday 7 pm pst ESPN)

Post by RanDux »

greenyellow wrote:Lockie misses a gimme to Brown in the end zone.
Brown? Did Pharoah Brown play?
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Alan wrote:Who's DAT?
DeAnthony Thomas
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

RanDux wrote:
DeAnthony Thomas
I was joking, all the post trying to compare Taj to DAT was getting...........
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:
RanDux wrote:
DeAnthony Thomas
Why? Dat's one year of being the man at RB, didn't go so well. And he's doing next to nothing in the NFL. I honestly believe Taj can end up with the better career at UO, and in the NFL if he puts on 20lbs. Dat was great, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't the RB Griffin is. He was a CB who wanted to play RB. Two of our best recruits screwed themselves in the long run by wanting to play the wrong side of the ball.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:
RanDux wrote:
DeAnthony Thomas
Why? Dat's one year of being the man at RB, didn't go so well. And he's doing next to nothing in the NFL. I honestly believe Taj can end up with the better career at UO, and in the NFL if he puts on 20lbs. Dat was great, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't the RB Griffin is. He was a CB who wanted to play RB. Two of our best recruits screwed themselves in the long run by wanting to play the wrong side of the ball.
I concur, Taj is going to be great.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I agree, I really liked what I saw from Taj last night, he complements Royce very well. I think him and DAT are two different type of players and DAT was a bit of a disappointment for me his last year. He suffered an ankle injury on a return and never thought about the Ducks again, it was bad enough we rarely saw him in at the end of the season. Let's let Taj on his own without trying to tag him as "DAT2" or anything else.
UofDuck
Senior

Oregon @ Colorado (Saturday 7 pm pst ESPN)

Post by UofDuck »

I loved DaT and I love Taj. Certainly there are differences, but none glaring. Both are very fast, pretty slightly built, faster than anyone one else on the team. Both have good vision and good hands. Both can maintain speed while changing direction Neither was afraid to lower their head and get a tough yard. I don't understand why folk buck the comparisons. They are far more alike than they are different.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

RanDux wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Lockie misses a gimme to Brown in the end zone.
Brown? Did Pharoah Brown play?
It was Jalen Brown, the Redshirt Freshmen who seems to be learning rapidly, getting his routes down.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

For what it's worth, I saw a twitter convo where Mosely said that Taj is more quick than fast- there are probably 4 guys on the team that are faster in a straight line race. Didn't ID those guys though.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

wlduck wrote:For what it's worth, I saw a twitter convo where Mosely said that Taj is more quick than fast- there are probably 4 guys on the team that are faster in a straight line race. Didn't ID those guys though.
And from other practice reports I've read from the spring, one of those guys might be his brother, Ty.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

wlduck wrote:For what it's worth, I saw a twitter convo where Mosely said that Taj is more quick than fast- there are probably 4 guys on the team that are faster in a straight line race. Didn't ID those guys though.
One of the guys he said was faster was his brother Ty. I suspect the others may be Brooks-James, Allen, and maybe Nelson.